Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apr 8, 2023 at 8:08 PM Post #12,466 of 18,240
They fit in quite well with the BC 2023. IMR stock cables have longer .78mm prongs, but the Black Cat cable with normal .78mm prongs, fits adequately.
Thank you for your reply. Honestly, I tried so many cables with IMR, but couldn't find any that sound as good as stock cable. I don't know if this one will be the same

Apr 8, 2023 at 8:22 PM Post #12,468 of 18,240
I have an IMR cable plugged into my Szalayi's. Sound is so good I'm not even tempted to buy a more expensive one.
Did it change the sound compared to the Sza stock cable?

Apr 8, 2023 at 8:49 PM Post #12,470 of 18,240
Sounds much better but I believe it could be down to burn in as I changed it shortly after getting them.
Fit isn't as good though, sometimes I need to push the pins back in.
The Szas definitely needed 100+ hours of burn in. It would be interesting to put the stock cable back on and compare. I actually really like the stock cable. The Sza with stock cable and TRI tips is very neutral overall with a good bass foundation. Not IMR-level bass, but very good and also has good sub-bass. I may give the IMR cable a shot on my Sza just to see. It would be nice to warm up their sound a little bit.

Apr 8, 2023 at 8:54 PM Post #12,471 of 18,240
The Szas definitely needed 100+ hours of burn in. It would be interesting to put the stock cable back on and compare. I actually really like the stock cable. The Sza with stock cable and TRI tips is very neutral overall with a good bass foundation. Not IMR-level bass, but very good and also has good sub-bass. I may give the IMR cable a shot on my Sza just to see. It would be nice to warm up their sound a little bit.

I keep meaning to swop back and see if there's a difference, one thing stopping me is I bent the jack plug on the original. Be careful if you do try an IMR cable as the pins are longer and possibly slightly thicker you might damage the iem sockets.

Apr 8, 2023 at 9:33 PM Post #12,472 of 18,240
Thanks. I'm probably not going to bother in that case. I'm really satisfied with the stock cable anyway. Unless there's a definite improvement I won't risk it.

Apr 9, 2023 at 3:49 AM Post #12,473 of 18,240
What is the difference between the black IMR cable (that come with the Elan+, for example) and the other "copper" (?) cable that comes with the Rah 2023, for example? :)

PS: Amazing how the Elan+ sound in less than 24 hours of burn-in!!!

Attachments

• s.jpg
    s.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 9, 2023 at 6:30 AM Post #12,474 of 18,240
Thank you for your reply. Honestly, I tried so many cables with IMR, but couldn't find any that sound as good as stock cable. I don't know if this one will be the same
After using for a bit, the Black Cat cable, sounds very good. It's cheap as chips, and two pin .78mm, 4.4mm is about 20 quid. build is good...it's 4 core, covered in black plastic, with a good chin slider and has a substantial build. It is warmish but keeps note edges, is quite natural and supports bass. Looks great on the black Dark Matter, besides sounding good. Who knows what the F, it's alleged Zinc and Copper oil soaked Alloy is. Just a mind game, but does it sound good....YES it does.

Apr 9, 2023 at 8:02 AM Post #12,475 of 18,240
I havent been hugely impressed with the Zinc and Copper oil soaked Alloy cable.
No cable Ive tried has yet surpassed the stock IMR SCC cables :/
What the cable does do well though - It seems to increase separation of instruments out a bit but the other side of that is that I find it thins out the sound a bit. If you were sufering from too much thickness though I can see this would be ideal!
One very useful element I found though is that it magically removed a mid bass hump

I bought a beefy 8 core 6N copper cable which was too 'thick' sounding on some of my IMRs until I tried it on the SOG and it sounds sublime - really good - balanced rich great transients, perfect

Basically the stock IMR cables always seem to be perfectly suited for the tuning of IMRs but I have found that although other cables do reduce the 'quality' of the sound to a lesser or greater degree they can be very useful to tweak certain elements of the sound signature especially when there is an element that is not quite 'right'

Apr 9, 2023 at 11:51 AM Post #12,476 of 18,240
What is the difference between the black IMR cable (that come with the Elan+, for example) and the other "copper" (?) cable that comes with the Rah 2023, for example? :)
Anyone? :)

Apr 9, 2023 at 12:19 PM Post #12,477 of 18,240
The original is Single Crystal Copper but the black ones [i think] are OCC copper with extra shielding for left and right channels

Apr 9, 2023 at 10:11 PM Post #12,478 of 18,240
Yes, I know that Semper headphones are unique in sound, I kept them for a long time and could not part with them, because I really like the way Semper sounds. It sounds even better from a desktop amp like the Burson Soloist3xp. Be sure to try this.

The reason for the sale is simple, I have already received my Titan and now it is in the process of burning and I already like it, even out of the box. I would keep the Semper for myself, but I can’t hold several headphones at the same time, for this reason I have to sell the fir Xe6 as well ((
When you are free, a in depth comparison of the 3 will be nice

Apr 11, 2023 at 11:23 AM Post #12,479 of 18,240
Wow, a whole day (and more) since the last comment. I'll break the silence.

I'm a casual fan of Porcupine Tree and Steven Wilson, and this is a tremendous album. Sounding fantastic on the Elan+.

Apr 11, 2023 at 11:31 AM Post #12,480 of 18,240
Wow, a whole day (and more) since the last comment. I'll break the silence.

I'm a casual fan of Porcupine Tree and Steven Wilson, and this is a tremendous album. Sounding fantastic on the Elan+.

Getting album , first time hearing them . Loving the vibe and instrumental

Users who are viewing this thread

Back