Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 28, 2022 at 9:44 AM Post #10,141 of 18,492
Since you’ve DM, try getting a resale Kotori Carbon. The best synergy to me, and l feel like end game.

Yet to explore the ribbon….
Just sent the DM with the Kotori Carbon Cable to a friend. It's an excellent cable for sure. Have it on the DM full time.

Oct 28, 2022 at 9:57 AM Post #10,142 of 18,492
Oct 28, 2022 at 10:53 AM Post #10,144 of 18,492
Have you put many hours on them, would you say they've benefitted from being used a certain amount of time?
Don’t worry about time. Easily more than 700h and I’m a firm believer of burn in for all my current gears. They all certainly benefited from burn in. As to what extend, it really depends. Some i dont hear any nore improvement beyond 300h. Others, like most IMR iems, i mostly stop observing the change beyond 600h. The most drastic change i have heard is from the og basshead super.fi5eb many many years back. Out of box, the sound is so muddy and veil. After 300h or so, suddenly everything tightened and the clarity improved. It a day and night different. Iem like DM do goes thru a long burn in time but the changes was never as drastic as what I experienced with sf5eb

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2022 at 3:42 PM Post #10,145 of 18,492
Owners of the R3 Halcyon what filter combos worked best for you? I have my Opus Mia set up with silver bottom gold top with the new DUNU tube tips I'm wanting a deep bass sound with clarity in the mids and treble from the Halcyon
That's exactly the combination I use. But I also have Tansio Mirai black tips that play a huge role in the sound.

Oct 28, 2022 at 4:04 PM Post #10,147 of 18,492
Recently received my DM from IMR. What an excellent sounding IEM! Pretty dang impressed with them without burning them in so looking forward to what they sound like in a week or two.

Glad my recommendation didn't go awry. They definitely hold their own against just about anything else.

Oct 28, 2022 at 4:17 PM Post #10,148 of 18,492
No, I could only find on YouTube ... and I bought from the link there.
Bought it, too :)
Too bad the Bandcamp App streams as MP3 128 only, plus there's no direct download for purchased music from within the App.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2022 at 4:35 PM Post #10,149 of 18,492
That's exactly the combination I use. But I also have Tansio Mirai black tips that play a huge role in the sound.
And where do they come from? are they similar to any other brands?

Oct 28, 2022 at 5:23 PM Post #10,150 of 18,492
Titans are almost on their way and Na Le end of November!
Just got this from Bob

In anticipation of the Titan and Na Le, I've been looking for a cheap and cheerful burn in rig and posted this in the discovery thread acouple of days ago and thought it might be worth sharing it here:

This may be the best $16 CAD audio dollars I've ever spent. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001580771091.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.41ab1802YPCD5V

I've got three new incoming IEMS 2 of which will require a long burn in cycle so I was looking for a relatively inexpensive dongle I could hook to an old phone and just let it run without having to occupy my normal desktop and portable gear. I settled on this thing because it claims to be 32 bit / 384khz and it allows charging / power + playback simultaneously. I just expected a nice little burn in rig. Well, I did get that but color me impressed. I don't know what dac chip is in there or what amplification they use but this little thing sounds bloody good. I've used it with my Timeless, EJ07M, and two IMR units and they are all driven with plenty of power, plenty of detail and plenty of slam! I'm pretty happy having gotten far more than I was expecting. It will make a perfect burn in rig but I can also just plug this thing into my tablet and listen in bed to either music on UAPP streaming off my NAS or if I pull up a YT Vid I don't need to BT over to a dap.
I didn't think I'd be writing this.....
Probably uses a Qualcomm DAC, they are cheap and pretty good.

Oct 28, 2022 at 5:45 PM Post #10,151 of 18,492
Bought it, too :)
Too bad the Bandcamp App streams as MP3 128 only, plus there's no direct download for purchased music from within the App.
Unless I don’t get what you’re saying, ‘’if you’re in the app and on wifi, items you’ve purchased stream as MP3-V0s (~250kbit/s on average)’’ - source: Bandcamp

Oct 29, 2022 at 2:02 AM Post #10,152 of 18,492
And where do they come from? are they similar to any other brands?
I got them with bundled Tansio Mirai iem. Unfortunately I don't know were to get them separately (I'd like to get more myself!)

They come in two types, both great though different, both have really wide bore:
1. black have super thin silicon.
2. white have a bit thicker, but still really thin silicon.

Materialwise, I don't have anything even remotely similar. The only exception are the Timiless thin white tips, that also has thin silicons, but those have different form and texture.

Soundwise Tansio Mirai tips give clarity and space to the sound. And they are really comfortable. Isolation though is subpar on blacks.

Oct 29, 2022 at 2:46 PM Post #10,154 of 18,492
I also had a taste of that. It's astonishing when science oriented ppl get religiously dogmatic about their point of view.
Over all I agree with the argument that experience should be verified with measurements. But I also know that this original IMR cable sound WAY off in comparison to the stock one with ACE.
In general I haven't noticed that expensive cables necessarily sound better than cheaper ones. That is the reason I appreciate comfort and ergonomics usually when choosing cables and hence my purchase of these OG IMR cables.
I will try them with DM and see...
No good with DM as well.
So guys, my recommendation also is don't buy these:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/19506315...rentrq:250f631d1840ad390fa0bc3afffb9fe5|iid:1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back