Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 28, 2022 at 2:22 AM Post #10,111 of 18,332
Very nice suggestion to listen to, from you guys, but are these available on Amazon Music? Ajja & Cosmosis is not available...

Oct 28, 2022 at 2:52 AM Post #10,112 of 18,332
Initially I was very impressed with the EDP A, lots of detail, lovely mids, especially vocals, and clear sounding. They've probably got 300 hours on them, but after listening with other iem's, Timeless, Zen II and Szalayi they sound veiled in comparison.

I did say the ZEN II sounded wonky at one point though, now I love them so take everything I say with a pinch of salt.
Zen II? Is that the Dunu Zen Pro?

Oct 28, 2022 at 2:57 AM Post #10,113 of 18,332
Very nice suggestion to listen to, from you guys, but are these available on Amazon Music? Ajja & Cosmosis is not available...
No, I could only find on YouTube ... and I bought from the link there.

Oct 28, 2022 at 5:47 AM Post #10,117 of 18,332
Initially I was very impressed with the EDP A, lots of detail, lovely mids, especially vocals, and clear sounding. They've probably got 300 hours on them, but after listening with other iem's, Timeless, Zen II and Szalayi they sound veiled in comparison.

I did say the ZEN II sounded wonky at one point though, now I love them so take everything I say with a pinch of salt.
Depends on what you are looking for. To me, Szalayi is not as technical as ACE. that is the reason I have been neglecting my Oriolus Isabellae even though the tonality is very sweet.

Oct 28, 2022 at 6:16 AM Post #10,119 of 18,332
Just a few thoughts on the argument that cables do not affect sound. People listen with different levels of concentration. In Buddhism we meditate going into concentrations of deep noticing, noticing the tiniest details of our minds. In my experience, amongs many things, cables make a difference to sound. Whether that is due to resistance, materials or other factors I do not know. The difference to me is clearest on Copper vs Silver cables (I have never heard an expensive cable). As many say there are many, many, synergistic factors that effect our experience of music. We are all exactly the same at root, totally different in our physiology and psychology yet exactly the same. It's good to respect all views because people are telling their truth.

Oct 28, 2022 at 6:27 AM Post #10,120 of 18,332
Just a few thoughts on the argument that cables do not affect sound. People listen with different levels of concentration. In Buddhism we meditate going into concentrations of deep noticing, noticing the tiniest details of our minds. In my experience, amongs many things, cables make a difference to sound. Whether that is due to resistance, materials or other factors I do not know. The difference to me is clearest on Copper vs Silver cables (I have never heard an expensive cable). As many say there are many, many, synergistic factors that effect our experience of music. We are all exactly the same at root, totally different in our physiology and psychology yet exactly the same. It's good to respect all views because people are telling their truth.

Go and post that in the science forum :relaxed:
People are telling 'their truth' but sometimes bias comes into play, especially if spending a lot of money on something. Changing cable seemed to affect my Timeless, also I used an IMR cable on another make iem and the sound tightened, though it could've been a result of having more use as it's new.

Oct 28, 2022 at 6:40 AM Post #10,121 of 18,332
Also, I find these original IMR cables much more comfortable and easy in handling. Any issues from any old timers with IMR especially in comparison with the newer cables?
20221026_085151_HDR.jpg
Moot remark at this point since you’ve already assessed it, but a warning nonetheless: on those early cables the connectors weren’t very secure. Higher tolerance than nowadays.

I never told you guys the story of the time when one of my R1 earpieces detached - INSIDE A CHEESE SHOP. I mean, does it get more meta than this? monsieur fromage from head-fi losing an iem inside a camembert.

Oct 28, 2022 at 6:49 AM Post #10,122 of 18,332
Go and post that in the science forum :relaxed:
People are telling 'their truth' but sometimes bias comes into play, especially if spending a lot of money on something. Changing cable seemed to affect my Timeless, also I used an IMR cable on another make iem and the sound tightened, though it could've been a result of having more use as it's new.
If you are willing start a course on Vipassana and Shamatha meditation. There may be things you have not experienced about the minds deep 'noticing'. Science is pure measurements according to the current theories and formulae of the age. Everything is bias always......things are impermanent, selfless, changing. Apologies if this comes across as patronizing....it's meant to be helpful.

Oct 28, 2022 at 7:01 AM Post #10,123 of 18,332
If you are willing start a course on Vipassana and Shamatha meditation. There may be things you have not experienced about the minds deep 'noticing'. Science is pure measurements according to the current theories and formulae of the age. Everything is bias always......things are impermanent, selfless, changing. Apologies if this comes across as patronizing....it's meant to be helpful.

I wouldn't like to say they don't make a difference as stated, I too think I've noticed changes. I was excited enough to post an experience in the science forum and they basically said 'impossible', I switched the cables again but the change wasn't so obvious, making me accept their view other factors were involved.
Reading people's comments on expensive cables the differences from standard are often slight and sometimes more about ergonomics. I almost bought an expensive cable beginning of this year but instead bought a new iem, I can't justify buying both.

Oct 28, 2022 at 7:10 AM Post #10,124 of 18,332
FYI - DELIVERY for IMRs - Not sure practically how this effects delivery times but didn't realise there were so many :/
Royal Mail strike dates :

Strike action is planned for the following dates:​

• October 20
  • October 25
  • November 2
  • November 3
  • November 4
  • November 8
  • November 9
  • November 10
  • November 14
  • November 15
  • November 16
  • November 23
  • November 24
  • November 25
  • November 28
  • November 30
  • December 1
  • December 2

Oct 28, 2022 at 7:12 AM Post #10,125 of 18,332
What is that a joke??

What the heck is going on over there in the UK?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back