Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 2, 2020 at 11:22 AM Post #16 of 18,121
Conductor is Silver and Gold plated copper mixed. Too coloured and incoherent sounding.
My Palladium still with 8A. Will have a try on R3 Halcyon later in the day.

Semper likely to be our pre Christmas present.

Now I thought that would be a good combo for IMR's. Has it got any better?

I still haven't tried this cable on the Heir 8 which is what it was for really as it suits the Halcyon so well. I'm not sure what the palladium is doing but it seems to add a lot of depth & width.

It is the cable I am expecting to use on the Semper. I'm so happy with the PB1 & Halcyon I can wait for it but I think it will be special so if we get it early all the better.

Aug 5, 2020 at 7:00 AM Post #17 of 18,121
LIMITED BUILD SLOTS LEFT

Maybe production starts soon:ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

Aug 5, 2020 at 12:04 PM Post #18 of 18,121
1596643434132.png

Aug 6, 2020 at 3:24 PM Post #19 of 18,121
welp, time to order the Opus Mia.
I'll have time to think about the Semper once I get the Opus, at least I hope.

Aug 9, 2020 at 6:29 PM Post #23 of 18,121
Apparently the Opus Mia start shipping tomorrow.

Aug 10, 2020 at 7:24 AM Post #25 of 18,121
Now I thought that would be a good combo for IMR's. Has it got any better?

I still haven't tried this cable on the Heir 8 which is what it was for really as it suits the Halcyon so well. I'm not sure what the palladium is doing but it seems to add a lot of depth & width.

It is the cable I am expecting to use on the Semper. I'm so happy with the PB1 & Halcyon I can wait for it but I think it will be special so if we get it early all the better.

Fully agree with you Palladium has great width and depth. Therefore, it is staying with Heir 8A. Only cable that can manage this animal and tear its congested mids apart improving its lush mids and vocal.

As for my horrible cable I mentioned, that cable finally has matured from an ugly duckling into a beauty. Took me on a roller coaster ride before that 100hrs. Thereupon didn’t touch it and continue burning throughout with my Wagnus amp and iPod accompanied by VE6x2 over a range of genres. VE6x2 is my reference cable tester for my new cable because of its clarity and transparency. That 100hrs made my VE6x2 sounded like crap. And not even sure at which hour it has matured.

Now it sounds like a hard core bass head cable. Doing it on Rah, I need to change from my usual Black nozzle blue filter to Grey nozzle blue filter to reduce the bass lines for a more balance signature, from dominating to supporting the upper frequencies.
And it doesn’t mean its bass lines reduce significantly, its still there but at a lesser bandwidth.

Yet to try it on R3 and PB1 though as I actually couldn’t cast Rah aside coz I still love its raw power especially its forceful acoustic and flow of sub bass which I feel is stronger than PB1.

PB1 is a Rah that took an etiquette lesson even though its Mids delivery is a level above Rah.

This cable along with my AN/Dueland silver cable are my daily usage.
AN/Dueland is a very natural sounding cable, whereas this beauty now provide a little warm and colour to the signature in a good way.
It has even make me realised that Rah is not short of treble.

Raw Cable conductor: 23 AWG, 49% OCC Silver with 51% Gold Plated Copper from AE.
Remarkable textured bass lines. Reverb/rumble is superb without interfering with the upper freq.
Gold plated cable to me excels in vocal therefore no trade off in the mids.
Treble extended to a more delicate tone but for bad treble recording it will sound splashing.
Flow of music at the background is impressive too.

Sounds like placebo or snake stuff, so do take this sharing as what seems good to me doesn’t mean suitable for you.

Aug 10, 2020 at 9:25 AM Post #26 of 18,121
Opus Mia on the way ! o_0
SO looking forward to hearing Bobs electro tuning

Aug 10, 2020 at 9:29 AM Post #27 of 18,121
Nice!

Give us your impressions then!

Aug 10, 2020 at 9:31 AM Post #28 of 18,121
1st impressions 'out of the box' likely on Wednesday before going to burn in :)

Aug 10, 2020 at 9:32 AM Post #29 of 18,121
:popcorn:

Aug 10, 2020 at 10:43 AM Post #30 of 18,121
Colour wise, Opus Mia and MAX together is Bling Bling.
I can now see that now you have said although generally I’m anti bling, subtle subdued understated class is where I’m at, and the industrial look.

Well i convinced my self i do like what i don't like.

This does not help my decision at all as I can still get the Opus Mia with those slots still available.

I. Must. Resist.

I. Did. Not. Resist.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back