Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apr 26, 2024 at 6:41 PM Post #17,941 of 18,062
I disagree on all counts, except for the treble presence of Titan which is noticeablely sharper.

Maybe it's the tips or filters used. I use Azla standard short and red lower/green upper. This combo works well for me.
I suppose there could be some unit variation between these end of sale units and the initial sets sent out at the beginning

Apr 27, 2024 at 1:32 AM Post #17,942 of 18,062
I donno guys, maybe is a synergy thing. I am using BTR7.
I changed tips also to control the sharp treble as gold upper does not help much.
Could be also a burn in situation taking place here. Did you notice difference after burn in with Enigma?
To be honest I enjoy their forwardness and apart from the sharp treble ( Titan has more elegant treble for sure) I find the rest exceptional if only a bit narrow sounding from what I would prefer.
Thanks for the advice, I will definitely tip roll also.

Apr 27, 2024 at 1:58 AM Post #17,943 of 18,062
Let's see how the Nyx can drive them.
20240427_085439.jpg

Apr 27, 2024 at 2:09 AM Post #17,944 of 18,062
I donno guys, maybe is a synergy thing. I am using BTR7.
I changed tips also to control the sharp treble as gold upper does not help much.
Could be also a burn in situation taking place here. Did you notice difference after burn in with Enigma?
To be honest I enjoy their forwardness and apart from the sharp treble ( Titan has more elegant treble for sure) I find the rest exceptional if only a bit narrow sounding from what I would prefer.
Thanks for the advice, I will definitely tip roll also.
In my case the treble definitely became smoother after burn in and the bass just went out of control. Don't know why the bass increased that much.

So I currently use the grey/red lower + blue upper with softears tips and eros s.

For me the Black / Blue lower sounds bloated and completely off for edm
Gold lower sounds poor.
Grey lowers sounds good but needs a little more.
So the ideal bass would have been between grey and gold.

Qobuzz sounds best . Tidal just decent.
My only source is an ibasso dx 320

Apr 27, 2024 at 2:19 AM Post #17,945 of 18,062
In my case the treble definitely became smoother after burn in and the bass just went out of control. Don't know why the bass increased that much.

So I currently use the grey/red lower + blue upper with softears tips and eros s.

For me the Black / Blue lower sounds bloated and completely off for edm
Gold lower sounds poor.
Grey lowers sounds good but needs a little more.
So the ideal bass would have been between grey and gold.

Qobuzz sounds best . Tidal just decent.
My only source is an ibasso dx 320
Thanks for the details, I'll keep that in mind.
For tips I changed to my favorite mid-viscosity wide bore Sennheiser Ie Pro tips and this definitely helps with the soundstage.
As I said Enigma bass is maybe the most impactfull one I've experienced in any IMR. It is really huge and confers I believe to the feeling of being in a live concert. For now it is also very detailed with powerfull midbass and balanced sub presence. I love it as it is.
What does not convince me and hope it'll get better in time is Treble. But maybe is unfair to compare with Titan EST treble.
Can you focus a bit on treble experience and share your thoughts? Especially in comparison with other phones you have of which you appreciate their treble performance.

Apr 27, 2024 at 2:58 AM Post #17,946 of 18,062
Thanks for the details, I'll keep that in mind.
For tips I changed to my favorite mid-viscosity wide bore Sennheiser Ie Pro tips and this definitely helps with the soundstage.
As I said Enigma bass is maybe the most impactfull one I've experienced in any IMR. It is really huge and confers I believe to the feeling of being in a live concert. For now it is also very detailed with powerfull midbass and balanced sub presence. I love it as it is.
What does not convince me and hope it'll get better in time is Treble. But maybe is unfair to compare with Titan EST treble.
Can you focus a bit on treble experience and share your thoughts? Especially in comparison with other phones you have of which you appreciate their treble performance.
Treble was initially very sibilant specially with eros s and azla.
Sibilance is less with code 23 but loses some detail and energy.
After some burnin , tangzu wide bore and software tips sounds good.
Still some sibilance but looks like i like some sibilance.
Anything below the blue top sounds a little boring.
Blue top sweet sounding.

Stage is narrow i feel too.
Mids are great. Sound feels like it flows.
Bass is just a bit overwhelming for me.
Rock sounds good but edm bass is too much to handle .

The only other iem I have is v16. That's much more detailed and separation is better across all frequencies.
Details is on an entirely different level compared to the Enigma. Even vocals pretty good inspite of all the instruments being heard.
Bass is also good but ba bass sounds different. Enigma bass is better. Stage seems to be the same as Enigma.
Enigma much more musical sweet and punchy.

Apr 27, 2024 at 4:55 AM Post #17,950 of 18,062
Considering the quality of the v16 , I feel the Enigma+ at 2000 GBP or 1400 GBP is overpriced.
1000-1100 usd used is what I'd pay now for Enigma+ max
Not sure if an even better cable helps Enigma+ .
But as it stands today v16 and Enigma+ are in the same league . It's only a matter of preference.

Apr 27, 2024 at 9:20 AM Post #17,951 of 18,062
Less than 24 hours from purchase the Enigma has arrived. Wife's birthday so lots of people around so no ear time yet but they look beautiful came with all 3 pro cable and old small compact case. Will report back after listening with photos and impressions

Apr 27, 2024 at 9:37 AM Post #17,953 of 18,062
I know it's controversial but the imr dawn is my go to wired iem these days. I love the ozar too and I have 12 imr sets. Mostly go noble tws but the sawn sound perfect
The Dawn. My sleeping set they have some of the best staging of all my iems a really surreal out of head experience probably as they are so small you don't feel them in your ears

Apr 27, 2024 at 1:13 PM Post #17,954 of 18,062
IMR ACOUSTICS ENIGMA OB.jpg
IMR ACOUSTICS ENIGMA OB-1.jpg
IMR ACOUSTICS ENIGMA OB-3.jpg
IMR ACOUSTICS ENIGMA OB-2.jpg

So...very early days but loving the
Enigma OB
BIG BASS! That's textured and detailed.
Mids to die for, thick but with air, vocals in particular are some how more real definitely have a visceral presence. Treble is detailed, rounded and natural cymbals are wonderfully on point no artificial resonating just as they sound in a live environment. I'm using blue bottom black top tuning nozzles with sedna Earfit light tips with the Clan Audio copper and silver plated copper mix cable.
The overall signature can only described as the Muscular brother of the Titan which has a lighter touch think Huge Jack man vs Ryan Reynolds

Users who are viewing this thread

Back