IMR Acoustics EDP (Every Day Planar)
Sep 5, 2021 at 1:10 PM Post #677 of 698
Apologies just realised i posted it on a wrong thread. Was meant to go to IMR main thread lol..
Just when i got all excited of a planar with bone conduction and … wait a minute, there’s already a planar with bone conduction and ADLC driver, its called Elysium :p

I still reinstate, the original EDP its a ton more fun than the newest one, there’s magic on these ones, some sort of naiveness that doesnt equate with the quantity and quality of sound these gives

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2021 at 2:01 PM Post #678 of 698
Just when i got all excited of a planar with bone conduction and … wait a minute, there’s already a planar with bone conduction and ADLC driver, its called Elysium :p

I still reinstate, the original EDP its a ton more fun than the newest one, there’s magic on these ones, some sort of naiveness that doesnt equate with the quantity and quality of sound these gives
Ha Avalon will come with dual bone conductor hence i ordered it too.

Nov 26, 2021 at 8:54 PM Post #680 of 698
Got my EDP+ yesterday. Wow, with the grey bass filter and blue on top I really love the engaging but pleasant nature of this beast.

What are the experiences by far with good DAP pairings? Has someone tried the Shanling M8 with the EDP?

And also, anybody tried pure silver cables?
I own the M8 and It pairs great with it. Big soundstage and it adds some weight to the bass.
It's a great IEM. So so smooth and relaxing.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2022 at 8:59 AM Post #681 of 698
Whelp, the EDP III just dropped: The EDP Ace.

“We have chosen to swap out the previous 9mm dynamic and replace with our 10mm carbon nanotube ADLC dynamic driver due to its ability to offer a wider presentation and increased bass & midrange/vocal abilities. By doing this we don't alter the original recipe too much but give the EDP ACE some added abilities. Combine this with our 10mm precision planar and your have a monitor that cannot be beaten at this price point.” A bone conductor monitor has also been added.

I’m very curious, but I love my original EDP so much I haven’t even considered swapping it out with… anything. Looking forward to someone posting a comparison review though! :)

Jan 19, 2022 at 10:36 PM Post #683 of 698
I’m very tempted to order the Ace. Never heard one of this company’s IEMs, but they have pretty good reviews. I imagine second hand market price is pretty high since they are a very limited number produced.

Jan 19, 2022 at 10:45 PM Post #684 of 698
I’m very tempted to order the Ace. Never heard one of this company’s IEMs, but they have pretty good reviews. I imagine second hand market price is pretty high since they are a very limited number produced.
The prices I’ve seen over the years are typically fair to really good. Most IMR folks don’t try to price gouge at all. The problem is quantity. You don’t see a whole lot of IMR for sale here or on eB.

Jan 20, 2022 at 1:22 AM Post #685 of 698
An addition of a BC to enhance the presence at the upper region and overall tuning to be equal or slightly better than OG EDP plus a generous loyalty discount for a such a eye catching IEM, it’s definitely hard to ignore for those already aware of IMR’s house sound.

Go for it and I bet you won’t be disappointed.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2022 at 11:45 AM Post #686 of 698
An addition of a BC to enhance the presence at the upper region and overall tuning to be equal or slightly better than OG EDP plus a generous loyalty discount for a such a eye catching IEM, it’s definitely hard to ignore for those already aware of IMR’s house sound.

Go for it and I bet you won’t be disappointed.
I guess if I don't like it, I can sell it pretty easily, huh? :wink:

Jan 20, 2022 at 12:45 PM Post #687 of 698
I guess if I don't like it, I can sell it pretty easily, huh? :wink:
Yes, they go fast and IMR offers a 30 Money Back Gaurantee - as far as I know the only one on the IEM side of the industry to offer that.

Mar 1, 2022 at 10:14 AM Post #689 of 698
now that we have planar shuoer s12 for $130, is imr edp still way ahead ? or is the gap closing ?
i cant wait to get my EDP Ace and find out! IMO, the Timeless is a little better than the S12, but both are very enjoyable. I have not heard any IMR products, so the EDP Ace will be my first taste.

Aug 10, 2022 at 9:34 AM Post #690 of 698
Landed!

Attachments

• 20220810_141839.jpg
    20220810_141839.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220810_140529.jpg
    20220810_140529.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220810_141755.jpg
    20220810_141755.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0