Impressions: Grado SR-125 Vs. Koss HV/1
Dec 8, 2005 at 12:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

humzebra

500+ Head-Fier
Well I decided to go with Grados to replace my old Koss HV/1's. The Grados are so much lighter an more comfortable. There doesn't seem to be as much bass in the Grados, but I think each note is more distinct. I'm getting some of Todd's flat pads and also some Headphile Beta C's to pull some more bass out of the Grados.
Some pics of the old Koss's can be seen at:
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...ht=koss+hv%2F1
~Don
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 8, 2005 at 1:10 AM Post #2 of 11
Ok, the bass is there in the Grados, I just had to listen for it beyond being so impressed over the detail in the mid/highs. The bass is well defined, more so than in the old Koss phones.
~Don (replying to self
rolleyes.gif

Dec 8, 2005 at 2:30 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by humzebra
Some pics of the old Koss's can be seen at:
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...ht=koss+hv%2F1
~Don
smily_headphones1.gif

Those pics bring back memories. The HV-1A was my first "good" headphone, replacing the bad ones that came with my first all-in-one stereo in 1975.

Dec 8, 2005 at 2:31 AM Post #7 of 11
I think I read that the Headphile Beta C's I'm getting should do the same thing. (The Todd flats, Beta C's, and a pair of 414 pads I'm getting tomorrow just happened to come along with a pair of SR-225's from the FS forum
icon10.gif

A note about the open design-
I was listening to my headphones in the family room of our house. My mom was in another room about twenty feet away and thought she heard water running. I turned off my music and she said the running water sound had stopped! So, I think these cans put out a lot of treble that is easy for others to hear.
~Don

Jan 22, 2012 at 8:30 PM Post #9 of 11
Howdy!

Are you interested in selling your old Koss HV-1s?  Throughout the 70s and 80s these were sold by Radio Shack as "LV-10s".  My friend and I both had them back in the day and loved them.

I recently bought a pair and I like them even better after all these years.  They beat my Bose, hands down. I'd like to get a pair for my friend's birthday.

Let me know if you want to do business.  If the foam is all worn off, that is no problem.

chunte_shagowin@yahoo.com

Jan 23, 2012 at 1:02 AM Post #11 of 11

Quote:
Cool Beagle, I need to fix the two pairs of HV/1's that are floating around the house. The both have intermittent shorts and the pads are pretty worn down and like to shed on your ears.
eek.gif

~Don

If you figure out how to get the driver housing apart, PLEASE let me know.  I've been trying to figure out how to get in an old pair of these I have so I can fix them and almost broke them trying to get inside the cups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back