Impressions | aune AR5000 Full-Size Open Headphones with MLD Driver
May 15, 2024 at 6:36 AM Post #211 of 229
Yes, needs a bit more subbass, was rather lean down low. A bit of hardness in the upper mid region but the High End isn't very reliable for the latter. Other than that very promising. Nice tone overall.

May 23, 2024 at 1:07 AM Post #213 of 229
Has anyone tried this with a pair of sheepskin leather earpads? While I do like the stock pads, in a humid weather like mine, I prefer something that's more sweat-resistant and I do like the feel of leather more.

May 23, 2024 at 2:01 AM Post #215 of 229
Nope, but are they already available from Aune? ...I heard that they want to release some spare parts and accessories, amongst them are at least pleather pads, but sheep-skin? (are they from the SR7000?)
Ah sorry for not being very clear. I'm asking if anyone has found a matching sheepskin pads (not necessarily from Aune).

May 29, 2024 at 6:58 PM Post #216 of 229
I ordered a pair of these today. I got a bit of a deal and I had some PayPal cash to spend. I have been curious for a while. As I wait for my new Grell headphones I will take a shot with these angled drivers.

Now just the waiting. Probably a week as they are going coast to coast across Canada.
The only headphone shop that I shop at semi-regularly is about 6,000Km's away.:grin:

May 29, 2024 at 7:18 PM Post #217 of 229
I ordered a pair of these today. I got a bit of a deal and I had some PayPal cash to spend. I have been curious for a while. As I wait for my new Grell headphones I will take a shot with these angled drivers.

Now just the waiting. Probably a week as they are going coast to coast across Canada.
The only headphone shop that I shop at semi-regularly is about 6,000Km's away.:grin:
Right on. Please let me know your impressions. I haven't purchased a new set of cans in quite a while. A buddy built me 3 different DIY sets, and they are really good. So I've been reluctant to try anything new.

May 29, 2024 at 8:26 PM Post #218 of 229
Right on. Please let me know your impressions. I haven't purchased a new set of cans in quite a while. A buddy built me 3 different DIY sets, and they are really good. So I've been reluctant to try anything new.
My last purchase was the FiiO FT5's in January. Still not sure if they are a keeper. I will probably pull them out again next week.

LOVING my V2 Arya's this week (a trade vs a purchase)!

Jun 4, 2024 at 8:54 AM Post #219 of 229
Just a Feedbck after Using these Babies Daily for a While:

The AR5000 are my daily driver for a few weeks now and i use them for everthing: Music on my Desktop System and my Mobil Setup (when Cleaning the House) for Movies,Gaming and Team Meetings for Work i just love them they are smooth without being boring they are light and comfy and never annoy me, everthing sounds good no matter the genre. Shure when i switch to my ZMF Verite Closed they can not compete with the detail and Viseral Dynamics but they only cost 10% of the VC and when listening for up to 5 - 6 Hours straight, all that Detail and Engagement is just too much the AR5000 are just perfekt for long Sessions because they are engaging enough to not miss anything but chill enough so it does not get tired and you can drive them with an Orange if you have to ...

Jun 5, 2024 at 12:56 PM Post #220 of 229
Just got these in about ten minutes ago. Unfortunately I am committed to washing and waxing my wife's car right now. Be back at it in a few hours though.

First thing to notice is that are Super light! Remind me of the ATH-R70X's. Feels like NO weight at all.

IMG_20240605_134654417~2.jpg
IMG_20240605_134408310_HDR~2.jpg
IMG_20240605_134350708~2.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2024 at 4:03 PM Post #222 of 229
That's some serious damping in front of the drivers.
Wild isn't it? I can't believe how LIGHT they are. And it takes nothing to drive them. I am starting with my newest toy, the Lehmann Linear amp. I am on 0 gain and can't get past 9:00.

Jun 5, 2024 at 6:34 PM Post #223 of 229
Duplicate.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2024 at 7:15 PM Post #224 of 229
Wow on these headphones! :L3000:
I started off with my Lehmann Linear amp. Right off the bat I get what everyone was saying. VERY balanced. Bass was good, but not outstanding. Mids were very present and smooth. Treble was nice and airy, but I am not a treble head. It just filled the picture out nicely. My test list was enjoyable and they are certainly a Great value.

Now I plugged them into my Violectric V220. I have to turn the volume down. I will need to lower the gain. WOW, is there bass! I start off with Two Feet playing Tell Me the Truth. Super bassy with with guitars wailing. I am now on Alice in Chains playing Rooster. I am SO impressed. The amp will be a large part of how much enjoyment you get out of these.
A very polite and balanced amp will get you a very polite and balanced sound.
I am going to spend a day or two with my Violectric and then try my iFi with a touch of bass boost.

Two hours in, these are very impressive. Of course shiny-new-tiny-syndrome is hard at work.:smile:

But for this money...I got them for $373.00, plus tax in Canuck bucks.

Turned the Violectric to minus -12 in the gain section. Now I can go up 10:00 on the volume dial.

Jun 6, 2024 at 8:09 AM Post #225 of 229

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back