[Impression] FiiO E10
Dec 30, 2011 at 9:06 PM Post #647 of 1,324

Quote:
Will the e10 and the e3 line out doc work for my iPad? thanks:)

E3 is an amp, not a LOD. But in any case, E10 is designed to use with PC only.

Dec 31, 2011 at 4:42 PM Post #649 of 1,324

Quote:
Thanks, so is there an amp that works for my iPad, something that plays well along with my brainwavz hm5

I remember reading some time ago that with the ipad's camera kit, one could use usb dacs/amps like the E10.

Dec 31, 2011 at 8:44 PM Post #650 of 1,324

Quote:
I remember reading some time ago that with the ipad's camera kit, one could use usb dacs/amps like the E10.

Even it E10 does work with iPad with the camera kit, it will likely suck the battery dry pretty fast since E10 has no battery of its own.

Jan 1, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #652 of 1,324
 After seeing various positive reactions, I want to pair my e10 with the e9, using the L2 cable.  2 questions:  Does the usb out from my laptop go into the e10 first, then line out from there to the e9?  And does this disable the e10's bass boost? I know the e17 will have a preamp out function that preserves the bass boost.  The main reason I'm doing this is to be able  to drive higher impedance headphones than the e10 alone is capable of.  Actually a third question-who is using this configuration and why?

Jan 1, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #653 of 1,324

Quote:
 After seeing various positive reactions, I want to pair my e10 with the e9, using the L2 cable.  2 questions:  Does the usb out from my laptop go into the e10 first, then line out from there to the e9?  And does this disable the e10's bass boost? I know the e17 will have a preamp out function that preserves the bass boost.  The main reason I'm doing this is to be able  to drive higher impedance headphones than the e10 alone is capable of.  Actually a third question-who is using this configuration and why?

Yes, Yes...and, because desktop amps tend to be better than usb-powered ones
wink.gif

Jan 1, 2012 at 1:53 AM Post #654 of 1,324

Quote:

It will go like this: PC - E10 (line-out) - E9. Bass boost will be disable on the line-out.

Jan 1, 2012 at 8:47 AM Post #657 of 1,324

Quote:
Actually, one more question: is the L2 cable long enough to connect these two, or should I go with the L-shaped L8?

Definitely the L8.  The L2 isn't long enough.

Jan 1, 2012 at 12:39 PM Post #659 of 1,324

Quote:
Does this mean the E10 cannot connect to my Iphone4 using an L3 LOD?  I just got all this stuff in the mail and the E10 is not responding when I connect to the iphone4.

Unfortunately, the E10 is a usb powered DAC/amp only.  So you can only use it with a laptop or pc.  The LOD is meant to be used with portable amps.

Jan 1, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #660 of 1,324
I bought an E10, but returned it: any time i moved, there would be pops/crackles in the sound. I bought another one in hopes that the first unit was defective. This second unit is better, but when i wiggle the headphone cable near the plug (or rotate the headphone plug inside the jack), i still get some pops/crackles.

It's not nearly as bad as the first unit, but I find that I can't use the E10 on my lap or hanging off my laptop. Unless it's sitting stationary on a desk, if I move around, it creates noise from the jack. Both units were the second revision silkscreen models. I've read some reviews here saying they don't have this issue, but I bought my units from two different sellers, and neither is perfect.

Is this just a problem inherent with the E10? Should I try purchasing a third unit, or should I just give up on getting a perfect unit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back