[Impression] FiiO E10
Oct 10, 2011 at 12:29 PM Post #16 of 1,324
Thanks for the review, nice quick read. You mentioned that you would call this "transportable," do you think it is sturdy enough to be thrown in a backpack for use at the library, coffee shop etc?

I was set on getting the E7 but now with  this out, I really don't need the battery because I would just be using it as an external soundcard for my Mac, but I'm curious if it seems like it would be prone to breaking in a backpack full with books and stuff

Oct 10, 2011 at 2:15 PM Post #17 of 1,324

Quote:
Thanks for the review, nice quick read. You mentioned that you would call this "transportable," do you think it is sturdy enough to be thrown in a backpack for use at the library, coffee shop etc?

I was set on getting the E7 but now with  this out, I really don't need the battery because I would just be using it as an external soundcard for my Mac, but I'm curious if it seems like it would be prone to breaking in a backpack full with books and stuff

It is full metal housing with tight fitting, so it will probably break what ever stuff you are trying to put too close to it in a backpack. I'll be worry about those other stuff first before I have any concern on E10.

Oct 10, 2011 at 6:51 PM Post #19 of 1,324
Quote:

It is full metal housing with tight fitting, so it will probably break what ever stuff you are trying to put too close to it in a backpack. I'll be worry about those other stuff first before I have any concern on E10. 

Hahaha that's assuring 
redface.gif
 thanks

Oct 10, 2011 at 9:41 PM Post #20 of 1,324
I'm tempted to get the E10. I no longer have a transportable usb dac/amp but then again I listen most of my portable with my phone but this is definitely real tempting. As long as the dac and the amp is good I may go for it since the price is good but I may want to wait until demand goes down a bit since I don't like waiting and Fiio products usually have high demand when it gets first released.

Oct 10, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #21 of 1,324

Quote:
Is the line out always active? The E9 disabled the line output when there was a load connected to either headphone jack.

Yes.

Quote:
I'm tempted to get the E10. I no longer have a transportable usb dac/amp but then again I listen most of my portable with my phone but this is definitely real tempting. As long as the dac and the amp is good I may go for it since the price is good but I may want to wait until demand goes down a bit since I don't like waiting and Fiio products usually have high demand when it gets first released.

The 1st batch is already out and I assume the 2nd batch shouldn't be that far off, so you probably won't need to wait that long.

Oct 10, 2011 at 11:52 PM Post #22 of 1,324
so its more a laptop amp?

I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me if you can use this with an android device can they all have mini usb

phone mini usb out to E10 usb in

E7 or E10 -.-

thanks 

Oct 11, 2011 at 12:27 AM Post #23 of 1,324
I don't think androids have usb host functionality, only nokia's. And as a portable DAC, E7 is still the only choice since it comes with  batteries.

Damn, your making me suffer cus I just bought a creative DAC a couple months back, looks like I will wait for the E17 to dock with E9 when I get better headphones. The E10 looks fantastic and seems like a great buy for just $80 usd. Will definitely recommend it to my friends.

Oct 11, 2011 at 1:21 AM Post #24 of 1,324
I guess its the way of the world, but many of us will vividly recall the wild reception afforded to the uDAC just a couple of short years back. Even the HDP has suffered its share of slings and arrows since its release.

Oct 11, 2011 at 2:31 AM Post #25 of 1,324
uDAC was a decent and relatively inexpensive upgrade for my Dell desktop PC internal soundcard for over a year, at least It'll get credit for that. But now E10 has took its place in my PC rig. I do have better DAC (Tiny Tube DAC mentioned in the review and even using HM801 as DAC), but for $80 E10 is small, easy to use and more than sufficient to drive most headphone I have. It would have been perfect if it also has an ultra wide soundstage, but I am still quite happy to take E10 over uDAC.

Oct 11, 2011 at 10:29 AM Post #26 of 1,324
I have a quick question. Can the E10 be used as a usb spdif converter as well? I assume that's what that output is for.

Oct 11, 2011 at 1:16 PM Post #28 of 1,324

Quote:
I have a quick question. Can the E10 be used as a usb spdif converter as well? I assume that's what that output is for.

Yes. It will do SDPIF for stereo PCM, but it doesn't support more than two channels.

Oct 11, 2011 at 11:13 PM Post #29 of 1,324
When ICS adds host ability to Android, could you use something like the E10 with it or would the USB out from a smartphone be too weak?
And I heard FiiO also has a sucessor to the E7 in the making?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back