Impressed by Skullcandy Lowriders (and I own some of the world's best headphones)
Jan 25, 2011 at 12:09 AM Post #76 of 89
I owned Skullcrushers 5 years ago before I heard of Head-fi. They were terrible with no exaggeration.

Maybe, they changed? A part of me was glad this was resurrected. I definitely wouldn't have gone searching "Skullcandy Lowriders." Sounds interesting. Any other impressions?

Jan 25, 2011 at 12:42 AM Post #78 of 89

Quote:
Well trolled, Dave and Jude..

Don't you know? Jude likes Skullcandy now. He's a fan of the Aviators. I'm intrigued despite myself; if my local BB puts out a listening station with them I'll be sure to give 'em a listen.

Jan 25, 2011 at 12:56 AM Post #79 of 89

Quote:
Quote:

Don't you know? Jude likes Skullcandy now. He's a fan of the Aviators. I'm intrigued despite myself; if my local BB puts out a listening station with them I'll be sure to give 'em a listen.

Me too haha. The Aviators look nice. Will match some nice D&G shades  BD

Jan 25, 2011 at 1:10 AM Post #80 of 89
Well, yeah. That's why I mentioned Jude! Didn't mean it in a negative way, I just meant to point out the slow (very very slow) rate of SK acceptance on these forums. I'd give the Aviators a listen, I love the transparent housing too.. Still too blingy though. 
Quote:
Quote:

Jan 25, 2011 at 1:25 AM Post #81 of 89
I just thought Jude had posted in here somewhere, since I didn't actually read through it all (naughty, naughty). Even Monster got it right with the Turbines, so it's not like SC couldn't make a good sounding headphone. If they did, I don't think Head-Fi had much to do with it, though.

Jan 25, 2011 at 2:39 AM Post #82 of 89
Janitor "Looks like somebody dropped something on the manager's floor, I'll put them in that bin out there" 
Manager "What happened to those prototype drivers?"

Any updates? Did you use your equipment with those? Did your friend do a lot a eq tweeking on her computer? Has Jude given your password to Scullcandy?

Jan 25, 2011 at 3:18 AM Post #83 of 89
had them, thought they rocked. got the sony 20$ ones...never looked back.

Jan 25, 2011 at 9:57 AM Post #84 of 89
I use the ER4 and XB700. 
Got bored one day and decided to get some fake Turbines and Tours. I was shocked. They sounded better than the original...
Very very deep and punch bass, balanced highs and mids. Better sound staging and separation than original. I was literally like :O 

Jan 25, 2011 at 10:09 AM Post #85 of 89
@Xymordos

Even though they were fake, did you notice that the Tour's bass got boomy and punchy after burn in? I had the Tours and even though I got the proper seal, the bass wasn't that great.

Jan 25, 2011 at 11:55 AM Post #86 of 89
I had real and fake tours. Real ones had really harsh highs, couldn;t stand them... Bass was very punchy, but it doesnt give the echoey boom sound of a deep bass, but more like a thud of the midbass. It rolled off at pretty high freq. 

Didn't burn them in enough, sold them after a month. But if I recall, there wasn't much differnece burning in, probably coz i didnt burn it enough.

But the fake ones DOES sound good.

Aug 11, 2013 at 12:14 PM Post #88 of 89
Why did you bump this!? :p

It was actually the Skullcandy Hesh that made me into an audiophile. I needed a pair of portable headphones as well as a home pair. I decided to 'settle' with Skullcandy so that I could afford a good pair for home use. Needless to say, I listened to them for 3 minutes and said to myself "This is all $50 gets you? This is going to get expensive fast..." Fortunately that didn't turn out to be true, I ended up with a pair of Grado SR80s for home use, found head-fi shortly after, and then through here found some amazing $50 AKGs I've been using for 4+ years now.

The skullcandy sound is a lot like being submerged in a bathtub full of mud while the band plays one town over.

Of course, finding Head-fi, it did end up getting expensive. But you can find good sound for under $100. At one point I even owned a $15 pair of Sony IEMs that I thought were decent. The imaging on them was spooky good when using them for gaming.

Aug 11, 2013 at 12:25 PM Post #89 of 89
I just got a pair of JVC HA-S150 "Flats" for $8 shipped from Amazon. I'm blown away, between Monoprice and gems like these, I've concluded that no one should ever have to spend over $200 to get absolute end-game sound. The only reason anyone would spend anything more than that would be build quality, comfort, etc. Ancillary concerns. In terms of pure audio reproduction, it's been proven time and time again that with today's technology and Asian slave labour, even companies like Skullcandy can produce decent cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back