Important question about Zune and MediaMonkey
Feb 27, 2008 at 12:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

NOSE G0BLIN

New Head-Fier
I am about to receive my Shure SE530,Tomahawk, ALO mini to mini to use with my Zune30.

I have about 2,500 .mp3 files encoded at 192VBR thru MediaMonkey.

Is this going to be good enough quality? It would take a LONG time to reencode everything to OGG or FLAC (I dont even know if Zune can play those) .

Thanks for any responses! THis is really bothering me.

Feb 27, 2008 at 12:50 AM Post #3 of 8
Stuck as in Zune can't play other file types? And I thought $400+ for the IEMs, $300 amp, $100 cable, + Zune was pretty expensive. Only the Livewires and UEPROS are more.

Thank you Mweisbrod. Please some more input on this.

Feb 27, 2008 at 12:55 AM Post #4 of 8
Congrats on your new gear. Re-rip 2 or 3 of your favorite CDs at higher bitrates, and A/B them yourself once you get all of your stuff. You may not notice a difference. To a lot of people, 192 VBR is as good as it gets, even with gear as good as yours.

Feb 27, 2008 at 12:56 AM Post #5 of 8
Yeah, I still, no matter how hard I try, can't tell the difference between 256 MP3 (which is what I use) and lossless. Even through a pair of HPM-1500 speakers.

Feb 27, 2008 at 12:59 AM Post #6 of 8
its a very nice rig, far better than mine, but its still a portable rig. you'd be able to tell a minute difference between 192VBR and 320/flac, but i'm fairly certain that there wouldnt be a big problem with it until you got to a total equipment cost in the 1000s and only a transportable rig from a non-portable source.

AKA dont worry, be happy. and wait for somebody with 1st hand experience to answer your question. i should have said earlier that im just talking out of my ass.

Feb 27, 2008 at 1:15 AM Post #8 of 8
biggrin.gif
Aww Thank GOD! I might re encode a CD and test them out. As long as it sounds oh so goood.

The SE530s are on backorder even though mine are in for repair. So now I gotta wait a couple weeks for all my gear. Is it normal to lose sleep over this? I guess I am just so excited to hear my favorite music in Hi-Fi for once! Sure I love the equipment but my whole reason for all this is for the music.

The first song Im going to listen to is the album Grace by Jeff Buckley or Lateralus. I already get goosebumps every time when I listen to some songs.

What would we do without music?

(sorry for getting off topic) ...oops

Users who are viewing this thread

Back