Implication of new iPod 9 pin Adapter on portable DAC?
Sep 14, 2012 at 2:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

EventVista

Head-Fier
I have been enjoying my FIIO E7 iPod combination for quite some time now, but my older iPod classic has been on the fritz and the battery is on its last leg.  

As a result of my iPods slow demise, I have been anxiously awaiting the newly announced iPod nano. 

However, as part of the products debut, they announced an all new 9 pin "all digital" DOC connector that comes standard with the newest generation iPods.   They are also letting customers know that they have a new 30 pin adapter/connector that will allow you to still connect the new iPods to older docking devices.  (a $30 option :frowning2:

My question is, does anyone anticipate problems with integrating these new devices with an existing FIIO DAC/AMP that was made for the "old" 30 pin doc?   Currently I am using the FIIO L3 LOD to go from iPod to E7.

I am mostly curious if there will be any sound degradation or compatibility issues going from the new iPod to an existing DAC such as the E7 or E17?  

Any thoughts?

Sep 14, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #2 of 3
There is a thread about this here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/627077/iphone-5-line-out 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back