They're out again.
I guess I'll get my 5.5g done soon...
frown.gif

Dec 12, 2007 at 4:48 AM Post #18 of 39
Who mods them?

Dec 14, 2007 at 4:09 AM Post #21 of 39
Sarcasm.fi

Dec 31, 2007 at 6:04 AM Post #22 of 39
notice that imods are out of stock again, as of the dec 29... only looking to know wether they'll be in stock in the future with ALO or not

Dec 31, 2007 at 7:37 AM Post #23 of 39
It's probably because the right iPod's are becomming harder and harder to find. At least that's my guess. *shrugs then dances at being able to get the very last LE Vcap dock for my cinder block of sonic awesomeness*

Dec 31, 2007 at 9:48 PM Post #24 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luminette /img/forum/go_quote.gif
notice that imods are out of stock again, as of the dec 29... only looking to know wether they'll be in stock in the future with ALO or not

Hey Luminette,

I am having a hard time getting the "refurbished" ones from Apple. In case anyone did not know, the ones I get directly from Apple are "refurbished" and are basically new. You cannot distinguish them from new ones. They come in the same box with everything that comes with a new one, they have a new shell, zero scratches, new battery and have been tested 2x. Anyhow, they are very difficult for me to get any more
frown.gif

I have refrained from buying from outlet vendors that do sell the 5.5G "refurbished" however, these refurbished ipods are not new like the Apple ones and typically has some degree of wear on them. I have thought about buying a bunch of these used ones from these outlet places but so far have decided against it.

I will continue to keep checking with Apple but I think if you want an iMod right away you’re going to have buy a 5.5G ipod and send it to Red Wine Audio for modding.

ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jan 2, 2008 at 1:07 AM Post #25 of 39
Ken, that´s very sad news. I just turned on the computer to write you an email about the imod. Are they completely out of stock - i mean, the combo imod + vcap docks are out of stock also? If you have one, then it´s mine!

Jan 2, 2008 at 2:48 AM Post #26 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ken, that´s very sad news. I just turned on the computer to write you an email about the imod. Are they completely out of stock - i mean, the combo imod + vcap docks are out of stock also? If you have one, then it´s mine!

Hey Leo,

I have one iMod left and I have this packaged with a Large Cocobola Wood Vcap Dock. I have Vcap docks, both wood and portable, just no iMods. I will have a few white iMods in a week or so. And yeah it is a bummer. I have spent a lot of time listening to my 6G Classic and compared to the imod its pretty thin.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jan 2, 2008 at 6:48 PM Post #27 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Leo,

I have one iMod left and I have this packaged with a Large Cocobola Wood Vcap Dock. I have Vcap docks, both wood and portable, just no iMods. I will have a few white iMods in a week or so. And yeah it is a bummer. I have spent a lot of time listening to my 6G Classic and compared to the imod its pretty thin.

Ken

Ken, I´m catching a flight to Frankfurt tonight, so I write you an email when I land in german lands. Now I gotta go - but since you´ll get more imods soon (any blacks in sight?), I think I can wait for the next batch!

Jan 2, 2008 at 10:18 PM Post #28 of 39
well, gang, it looks like we're stuck with a coupla options: buying used Ipods on ebay, sending them toVinnie for modding then mail Ken to get the Imod cable or the v-cap dock, or have Vinnie and Ken work on Imodding the 6g. Ipod. Yeah, I know they say it can'tbe done, but necessity is the mother of invention and I think these two guys can be pretty inventive.

Either that or tweak the business model very quickly

Jan 3, 2008 at 1:13 AM Post #29 of 39
a 160gig, 40 hour battery life iMod would be really enticing

but my thinking is that the 6th gen doesn't even have the wolfson DAC that the others do anyhow? on top of their statements against that, including not only that they can't, but that they won't

Jan 3, 2008 at 2:04 AM Post #30 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luminette /img/forum/go_quote.gif
a 160gig, 40 hour battery life iMod would be really enticing

but my thinking is that the 6th gen doesn't even have the wolfson DAC that the others do anyhow? on top of their statements against that, including not only that they can't, but that they won't

Luminette: "can't?? won't?" I would think Vinnie or Ken would not be sharp business people if they found they "could" but "wouldn't". And I believe they are both very good business people. Maybe they truly "can't" but if they could, believe they would.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back