iMod iPod owners, how are you connecting it to an amp?
Aug 30, 2006 at 7:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

aluren

Headphoneus Supremus
the reason i asked is that since i will be using the iMod's headphone out (on the top portion of the iPod) rather than the dock line out (on the bottom), how are you connecting it to a portable amp? are you flipping the amp input/output to coincide to the headphone out or are you using longer cables to loop it around? i want it setup so that when i'm looking at the ipod screen, the volume knob of the amp is facing me as well, hence the cable loop. i really hate to not have the screen and the volume know to be facing me. i'm considering some kind of short cable that has a right angle plug on both ends so that it would stick out as much. does anybody have this kind of cable and some pics to share??

Aug 30, 2006 at 2:29 PM Post #2 of 6
remember - you don't have a choice in regards to the line out on an iMod. the dock connection on the bottom can only be used for power.

personally, i have a short ic connecting my iMod to my Hornet. it sticks up about 2 inches. i use a longish velcro cable organizer to mate the Hornet to my iMod which is in a silicon sleeve - very tidy. i've been thinking about building a small cradle out of wood to hold up the units so the screen is upright whilst on my desk.

as for ICs. there are plenty available in various iterations. i build my own and is quite easy to do if you're into DIY.

Aug 30, 2006 at 10:03 PM Post #3 of 6
how long would the cable have to be, assuming a right angle plug is used on both ends of the mini-to-mini, to connect from the ipod headphone out and looping it around to where the ipod dock out is? i ask because i wanted it setup so that both the ipod screen and the volume knob on the portable amp will be facing me.

Aug 31, 2006 at 6:59 AM Post #5 of 6
Just buy an amp which has its input at the backside like the Larocco PRII for example. I know that there is at least one more which I cannot remember at the moment.

Aug 31, 2006 at 12:36 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by dr.morton
Just buy an amp which has its input at the backside like the Larocco PRII for example. I know that there is at least one more which I cannot remember at the moment.

Xin's amp the supermicro only. It is so small!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back