Imagining the Ten Dimensions
Jul 26, 2006 at 10:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

gevorg

1000+ Head-Fier
http://www.tenthdimension.com/flash2.php click "Imagining the Ten Dimensions" button on left, and turn on your headphones
smily_headphones1.gif

Pretty intersting stuff, just a theory though. Attempts to appeal to people with no or little knowledge of physics.

Jul 27, 2006 at 1:03 AM Post #2 of 10
blink.gif

An interesting read, having already read "A Brief History of Time" by Hawking.

Hawking goes a little into string theory, but does not present it nearly as clearly as this website does.

I like the step by step way they build upon the "dimensions" showing how it could all possibly work.

It's fun to think of the universe this way, but sometimes it seems all to weird.

I don't think our little brains are even close to being capable of understanding the way the universe REALLY works.

Jul 27, 2006 at 3:39 AM Post #4 of 10
I'm not sure that I agree with that description. It's plausible, but it does not seem to agree with what I've read...

Quote:

Hawking goes a little into string theory, but does not present it nearly as clearly as this website does.

Don't mean to burst your bubble, but that doesn't even go int string theory... well, at all, really. Just the part about the 11 dimensions.

Jul 27, 2006 at 4:32 PM Post #6 of 10
I'm sure it's dumbed down a bit, but I thought it was very interesting. That's the first I've heard about 10 dimensions, so I'd consider it a good intro.

Jul 27, 2006 at 6:56 PM Post #7 of 10
Absoulutely awesome! I really like that. Took me forever to understand the 4th when I was 13 reading Einstien's essays (yes I was/am a nerd) but this really got my head around the ones beyond that. I'm sure I'm missing alot of the 'real' science behind it but to even have some idea where I previously had none is no small achievement!

--Illah

Jul 28, 2006 at 6:43 AM Post #10 of 10
I musta sat through too many lectures in my day, I fell asleep!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back