image's in signatures
May 20, 2006 at 1:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

wanderman

Headphoneus Supremus
Is there anyparticular reason that this feature is disabled on the boards. Considering that users host these pictures on a different server and all users have the ability to disable it through control panel.

May 20, 2006 at 1:37 AM Post #3 of 26
bandwidth use is high enough as it is, with people unnecessarily posting 1000 1GB pictures of their newest headphone arrival, and then many idiots quoting those pictures just to say something like "lol"

May 20, 2006 at 1:45 AM Post #4 of 26
it'd just take up more space, and annoy the hell out of most people

evil_smiley.gif

May 20, 2006 at 2:10 AM Post #6 of 26
if it annoys them couldn't they turn it off? I would think that censoring would work the same way. I guess I won't be happy until I hear a message from a mod hehe.

May 20, 2006 at 2:20 AM Post #7 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderman
if it annoys them couldn't they turn it off? I would think that censoring would work the same way.

It'll annoy pretty much everyone, if you were here during the "death to google ads and long-sigs war" of '05, you would understand. Question, what important picture that'll benefit mankind do you plan on putting in your sig? EDIT: That's it? Didn't blow me away, sorry.

Trust me let it go, ain't gonna happen. The people have spoken, and I'm positive the mods will agree. We old boys, we have an idea of what flies and what don't.
wink.gif

May 20, 2006 at 3:40 AM Post #9 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by gevorg
Like OP said, if it hosted on another server, it won't affect head-fi's bandwidth in any way.

It would still reduce even further the loading time for the browser. Head-fi is hardly the snappiest site around as it is.

May 20, 2006 at 9:38 AM Post #13 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
it'd just take up more space, and annoy the hell out of most people

evil_smiley.gif

Surely would annoy the hell out of me.

May 20, 2006 at 9:48 AM Post #14 of 26
It gives Head-Fi a more respectable look to it without tons of pictures in people sig's that most likely will have nothing to do with audio gear.I have actually seen where some put drug related material in their sigs and it's quite sad when it gets to that point.So let's no have this place turn into that.

May 20, 2006 at 3:08 PM Post #15 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
EDIT: That's it? Didn't blow me away, sorry

it is not supposed to blow you away. It is just another element that contributes to each users indviduality.

edit: Most of the rebutals I am seeing are things that can exist within text sigs. I guess it is just my resolution but headfi looks bare at 1920x1200. If empty = respectable so be it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back