Im looking for good replacement pads for my AD 700x
Oct 27, 2017 at 3:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Scribblex

New Head-Fier
I have two sets of headphones, one is the Fidelio X2 which i use for singleplayer and mmorpg gaming and the other ad700x strictly for competitive gaming like PUBG. I just love how comfortable the x2 are but the ad700x would benefit a lot from new, more comfortable pads which must not interfere with my soundstage or mudding up my ability to pinpoint positional audio. What would you suggest i get? Keep in mind im from Europe :)

Oct 27, 2017 at 5:05 PM Post #2 of 7
Maybe the Brainwavz Velour HM5 angled or round pads?

I've also heard that the Hifiman Velour pads and the Audeze velour pads work well with them.

And if you want to keep the soundstage/imaging then make sure to keep it Velour and not Pleather or Sheepskin and etc.

Oct 27, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #3 of 7
I have two sets of headphones, one is the Fidelio X2 which i use for singleplayer and mmorpg gaming and the other ad700x strictly for competitive gaming like PUBG. I just love how comfortable the x2 are but the ad700x would benefit a lot from new, more comfortable pads which must not interfere with my soundstage or mudding up my ability to pinpoint positional audio. What would you suggest i get? Keep in mind im from Europe :)
Ebay, lots of low cost replacement pads for the AD700X, anything that listed as fitting on the AD700, A700, A700X, AD700, A900X, AD900X, etc, should fit on your AD700X.

Oct 27, 2017 at 6:50 PM Post #4 of 7
I've also heard that the Hifiman Velour pads and the Audeze velour pads work well with them.
I put the Hifiman HE Velour ear pads on my ATH-A900X, the Hifiman pads are slightly smaller then the standard Audio Technica ear pad (used on the AD700X/A900X), but the Hifiman will fit, with a bit of work.

Oct 27, 2017 at 6:56 PM Post #5 of 7
I put the Hifiman HE Velour ear pads on my ATH-A900X, the Hifiman pads are slightly smaller then the standard Audio Technica ear pad (used on the AD700X/A900X), but the Hifiman will fit, with a bit of work.
Well the earcups definitely look large, I wonder if they're as large as the AKG K7-- series headphones.

Oct 28, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #6 of 7

And if you want to keep the soundstage/imaging then make sure to keep it Velour and not Pleather or Sheepskin and etc.

Oh i can see that Brainwavz is selling on amazon.uk and there are both round and angled... What is the difference between those two pads? What do you recommend for me?

Oct 28, 2017 at 1:09 PM Post #7 of 7
Oh i can see that Brainwavz is selling on amazon.uk and there are both round and angled... What is the difference between those two pads? What do you recommend for me?
Get the same shape pad that your stock headphone pads come with. If the stock pads are round then get round pads, don't get angled because that might alter the sound signature, at least that's what I assume, I could be wrong but get the same shape pads to be safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back