I'm looking for a set of analytical in ears. Max. $175 dollars. Are there any?
May 2, 2017 at 11:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

fjhuerta

I gave Jude an Orpheus and all I got was this lousy title.
Hi all!

I got an LG V10 phone, and I find it to be one of the most precise and clean sources I've ever listened to. I'm stunned how easily it can drive basically any headphone I own.

So, I now want an equally good in-ear headphone to go with it. I currently own the Fiio EX-1 and the Etymotic ER-4s (plus the ubiquitous Sony MH-1C).

I thought the Fiio would be a good match for the LG, but in all honesty, it isn't. I feel it doesn't have proper detail retrieval. It sounds fun and exciting, but it lacks a lot of finesse.

I'd love to have an in-ear that has as much of the same sonic signature and detail retrieval as my Etymotics, but not with that much isolation. The Etys are impossible to use outside my home, IMHO (unless it's on an airplane). The isolation is simply too much to be safe!

So, if you can recommend a truly good in ear, with amazing detail retrieval, I'll be happy. Thanks!

May 2, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #2 of 13
VSonic GR01?

Might sell a DBA-02 MkII with less than a year's use as well.

May 2, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #3 of 13
1more quad driver is supposed to be very good at $200. I don't have that one, but you should read about it.

I have the 1more triple driver which is amazing and analytical for $100. Not as good as my $350 over ears, but very good for the price.

May 3, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #4 of 13
Thanks for your suggestions. The thing is, I don't want a fun or V-shaped sound. I want something as analytical as the Etys, just not that.. awesome. The Etys are simply too much for on the go listening.

I have heard good things about the 1more Quad driver. Would that be something like the Etys?

Or should I stay within the Etymotic line, and get a lower end model?

May 3, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #5 of 13
well, for more analytical sound I would also say someething with twfk drivers like brainwavz b2, vsonic vc1000, gr01 or fischer dba02 but they all are highly isolating and hard to find as I think all have been discontinued. so for less isolation and ease to obtain I would suggest philips fidelio s2

May 3, 2017 at 11:33 AM Post #6 of 13
Dunu Titan 3. timbre of mids is spectacular for the price. analytical as in "detailed" and not sweet romantic. signature is mid focused, cool and clear sounding.

May 3, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #7 of 13
Not sure about the titan 3. As far as I know it is warmer and assier than titan 1 and titan 1 is bassier and not as flat and neutral as fidelio s2 , not to mention that he akready has ex1, which is a titan 1

May 4, 2017 at 12:36 AM Post #11 of 13
SE215 doesn't deserve to make the list. Muddled compared to a lot of other previously mentioned IEMs in this price range.

May 4, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #12 of 13
Not sure about the titan 3. As far as I know it is warmer and assier than titan 1 and titan 1 is bassier and not as flat and neutral as fidelio s2 , not to mention that he akready has ex1, which is a titan 1

had the titan 1 myself. don't mistake it for the titan 5 ( closer to your description). Titan3 is the different beast here ( refer to the reviews).

another choice perhaps would be the rose mini 2...but I haven't heard it. the reviews point towards the described sound that OP is looking for.

May 5, 2017 at 12:10 AM Post #13 of 13
SE215 doesn't deserve to make the list. Muddled compared to a lot of other previously mentioned IEMs in this price range.

Exactly. I purchased the 1More Quad Drivers because the SE215 was too bassy and muddled. Really like the quads. Listening to them right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back