I'm Done (Vsonic GR02 Bass Edition) VS GR06
Aug 3, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #46 of 408
Hey guys I'm going to grab my first pair of real iems soon and trying to decide if the Vsonic gr02 bass edition or the Vsonic gr99 better fit my music style. I have honestly very little clue what I'm doing so my first question is are these are good starting point? The main music I listen to is like hip hop/rap and like techno/dubstep and I like a lot amount of bass but still not like bad skull candy bass. I want a good quality sounding iem with a lot of bass that is best sounding for rap and dub step type music. I want a fun iem but not poor quality. For my preferences which one would you suggest for me the gr02 bass ed, or the gr99? Thanks a lot guys for helping me out here and sorry if I used incorrect terms or had bad wording I just started researching this and I'm totally new to all of this.

Aug 7, 2012 at 11:19 AM Post #47 of 408
Quote:
Hey guys I'm going to grab my first pair of real iems soon and trying to decide if the Vsonic gr02 bass edition or the Vsonic gr99 better fit my music style. I have honestly very little clue what I'm doing so my first question is are these are good starting point? The main music I listen to is like hip hop/rap and like techno/dubstep and I like a lot amount of bass but still not like bad skull candy bass. I want a good quality sounding iem with a lot of bass that is best sounding for rap and dub step type music. I want a fun iem but not poor quality. For my preferences which one would you suggest for me the gr02 bass ed, or the gr99? Thanks a lot guys for helping me out here and sorry if I used incorrect terms or had bad wording I just started researching this and I'm totally new to all of this.

The GR02 and the GR99 have about the same amount of bass.  The GR99s might have a little more (and I mean a little), but the GR02's bass is tighter.  The  highs and mids are better on the GR02.

Aug 7, 2012 at 11:20 AM Post #48 of 408
Quote:

I noticed something similar when I switched from my GR06 to my Brainwavz M4's a couple days ago. I listened to the same song (Eric Clapton's Layla from the One More Car,One More Rider DVD) comparing both and the M4's sounded much clearer and more detailed than what the GR06's did. When Clapton's guitar kicked in on Layla the GR06 sounded good but when I switched to the M4 I was like "Woah" this is awesome. The guitar just sounded clearer and much better with the M4's so I can agree with what you said about the GR06 sounding like a muddy veil was placed between you and the music. I have the GR02 Bass Ed on the way so I can't wait to see how it stacks up against the GR06 and the M4 which right now is my favorite IEM for listening to classic rock.

So, did you get your GR02?  If so, what do you think?

Aug 12, 2012 at 8:57 AM Post #49 of 408
[size=10pt]Hi Been Reading through this thread just order the GR02 Low Frequency Edition...... Man i was complete lost when trying to buy it I knew what I wanted the latest “GR02 Bass Edition”  Half of them seem to come with different accessory’s different cables different carry bag's and ALL of them claim to be the latest version![/size]
[size=10pt]And I thought I knew what I wanted lol…….. Wonder which ones I’ll get![/size]

Cheers Guys

Aug 22, 2012 at 5:46 PM Post #50 of 408
During a summer hike I broke my Klipsch S4 after nearly 3.5 years of service. I've been looking to replace them with some new earbuds, and these look tempting. Based on http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-250-iems-compared-ultimate-ears-100-added-08-20-12#post_6492051 I should expect an increase in sound quality. Has anyone compared the two? I listen mostly to symphonic music like Bruckner, Tchaikosvky and Beethoven, and I like it when the timpani section packs a punch.

I find this area to be a bit of a jungle. I looked in the list for relatively cheap IEMs with good SQ, and found the GR06 rated highly. But looking in the forums, many seem to prefer the cheaper GR02 bass. Would any of these be a better option: Head-Direct RE0, Re-zero, Etymotic research MC2/3/5? Any other suggestions (preferably < $100)?
I will mostly be using these with my Galaxy S3 (my Galaxy S also broke during that hike; hopefully Voodoo sound arrives soon enough).

Is the GR07 (or JVC HA-FXT90, Etymotic Research HF5) significantly better? I might stretch to some pricier buds if I consider it worth it.

Edit x: I think I will go with the JVC HA-FXT90, I've found them for a pretty nice price.

Aug 23, 2012 at 12:30 AM Post #51 of 408
Quote:

Is the GR07 (or JVC HA-FXT90, Etymotic Research HF5) significantly better? I might stretch to some pricier buds if I consider it worth it.

Edit x: I think I will go with the JVC HA-FXT90, I've found them for a pretty nice price.

The GR07 is way more than just significantly better.   I would say that the GR07 is night and day better.

To my ears, the HA-FXT90 is not better.   The HA-FXT90 is too sibilant and the fit was terrible (mostly due to insane amounts of driver flex).  

The GR07 is a much better headphone than the JVCs.   While the HA-FXT90 is technically better than the GR02, I would take the cheaper Vsonic in a heartbeat. 

Aug 23, 2012 at 7:42 AM Post #52 of 408
Quote:

The GR07 is way more than just significantly better.   I would say that the GR07 is night and day better.

To my ears, the HA-FXT90 is not better.   The HA-FXT90 is too sibilant and the fit was terrible (mostly due to insane amounts of driver flex).  

The GR07 is a much better headphone than the JVCs.   While the HA-FXT90 is technically better than the GR02, I would take the cheaper Vsonic in a heartbeat. 

Hmm, this gets more more difficult now. The 250 IEMs reviewer rates the JVC highly in terms of audio quality, but there is always the element of subjectivity. If I decide to go with the GR07, what is the difference between older and newer versions (flagship, mk2...)? I'm looking to buy these on ebay as they aren't sold in my country.

Is the Hifiman RE262 a better option in this range? I have found it for the same price as the GR07.

Aug 23, 2012 at 9:58 AM Post #53 of 408
Quote:
Hmm, this gets more more difficult now. The 250 IEMs reviewer rates the JVC highly in terms of audio quality, but there is always the element of subjectivity. If I decide to go with the GR07, what is the difference between older and newer versions (flagship, mk2...)? I'm looking to buy these on ebay as they aren't sold in my country.

Is the Hifiman RE262 a better option in this range? I have found it for the same price as the GR07.

Well, if sibilance does not bother you then perhaps the JVCs will work. 

I have not heard the RE262, but from what I've read it should be a really good model (It's on my to try list).

As a rule of thumb, if a headphone has a huge appreciation thread, then you might be dealing with a really good headphone.  Go to the GR07 thread to see if what they write about the sound signature is something you would be interested in.  

Aug 25, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #54 of 408
Quote:

The JVC HA FXT90 is an older model, their newer Carbon Nanotube drivers HA FXD80 are cheaper and MUCH better. 

Quote:
As a rule of thumb, if a headphone has a huge appreciation thread, then you might be dealing with a really good headphone.  Go to the GR07 thread to see if what they write about the sound signature is something you would be interested in.  

Couldn't agree more !   ...I've been following the GR07 thread here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/552132/vsonic-gr07-impressions-appreciation-thread

...As well as the JVC HA FXD80 thread here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/612299/jvcs-micro-hd-line-revamped-for-2012-ha-fxd80-70-60

Aug 26, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #55 of 408
Quote:

The JVC HA FXT90 is an older model, their newer Carbon Nanotube drivers HA FXD80 are cheaper and MUCH better. 

Couldn't agree more !   ...I've been following the GR07 thread here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/552132/vsonic-gr07-impressions-appreciation-thread

...As well as the JVC HA FXD80 thread here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/612299/jvcs-micro-hd-line-revamped-for-2012-ha-fxd80-70-60

Looks like the FXD80 thread has more posts per unit of time. It is also cheaper than the GR07. According to some posts it's got more bass than the GR07, other posters say the opposite. I think I might go with the JVC now instead.
Edit: Now that I've read some more, the FXD80 is looking very attractive and competitive, I will probably order one tomorrow.

Aug 26, 2012 at 12:15 PM Post #56 of 408
Two things regarding the GR02 Bass Ed:

1 - How well does it isolate?
2 - Is its treble harsh? Joker said that it might be a tad bit irritating for people sensitive to that stuff.

Aug 27, 2012 at 11:42 AM Post #59 of 408
Quote:
Quote:
Two things regarding the GR02 Bass Ed:

1 - How well does it isolate?
2 - Is its treble harsh? Joker said that it might be a tad bit irritating for people sensitive to that stuff.

Anyone? I'm in a bit of a hurry here. :/

Isolation on these are pretty average. So like I oft say, enough for on a bus but not what I’d want for the Train or a plane.

They sound warm and did not find treble harsh, even with zero burn-in.

isolation is very important to you then look for some thing else

Aug 27, 2012 at 11:56 AM Post #60 of 408
Quote:

Anyone? I'm in a bit of a hurry here. :/

1-  It isolates well.  They are vented, so they are not the most isolating IEMs you can buy.  They are on par with most closed full sized headphones though. 

2-  They did not sound harsh to me.  I've had to return or sell headphones that had bothersome treble, but the GR02s did not bother me at all.  YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back