I'm back with more questions
Sep 19, 2003 at 12:19 AM Post #16 of 16
I will pick number 2:
No it will not "enrich" the sound, if you mean enrich as to colour it, it is a very warm neutral amp, almost tubey sound, but will not increase any freq more than other, the response even in the curves they provide are extremelly flat for 6Hz to 56KHz...but if you mean enrich as to sound better, yes, it is a way of an improvement over the plain soundcard, specifically I'm not a big fan of soundcards as sources, IMHO all they suck, ones more than others, the two above mentioned are far better than the Soundblaster one BTW (and probably the two best ones nowadays in the market) I have one SB and it simply sucks but this is just my opinion, and if you want to hear the CD3000 and Perreaux shining simply go with a better source like an standalone CDplayer or so as a minimum requirement, then a better source, better cables, etc....all is little by little, one improvement here, one there, in a couple of months, etc...unless you have money enough to get all in one shot....about the aftermarkets cables for CD3000, I love it the way it is, you change the cable to get an improvement or if you are in someway disatisfied with the sound, if you like it, I agree with the rest of the members, why replace it, but who knows, if you replace it for a better one, who knows the results, not always better componets mean a better product, remeber the products sometimes are design as a whole unit, with all the components in mind, and they make compromises to make it sound optimal that way, once you replace something in the unit, maybe you could move the balance and create undesirables effects....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back