ikko OH10
Apr 18, 2023 at 3:53 PM Post #361 of 428
I picked up a pair of OH10s recently on a whim because I saw a friend selling them pretty cheaply. I'm normally not big on super bassy tunings or more extreme v shaped tunings so based on some things I had read about the OH10s I was expecting them to be something I might listen to for fun occasionally or even end up giving away.

However, since getting them I have been surprised about just how versatile they are. Yes, they're unapologetically v shaped in their tuning, but the bass is tight and controlled so it doesn't swamp the mids, which are detailed, of good quality, and not overly recessed (like many mid sections on heavier v shaped tunings). The treble is reasonably well extended and provides good microdetails and sparkle.

Rather than a pair of IEMs that I can only use on occasion with a few specific artists, I have found the OH10s to offer a good sound and perspective on everything from jazz to blues-rock, and acoustic tracks to vintage prog. The fact that these IEMs are nearing their fourth birthday is truly impressive!

Between these and my also recently acquired TRI i3s (OG) I have two older IEMs that I find offer a refreshing change from an IEM market that has become increasingly homogeneous in the last couple years. Both soubd great, offer unique presentations, and are still very much competitive with the IEMs being offer nearly 4 years after their initial releases (both were released in 2019). If you've ended up on this thread because you're searching for info on the OH10s and you're wondering if an IEM from 2019 can really still be relevant, my answer is a definitive "yes!" Anything that sounded truly good in 2019 will still sound truly good in 2023 and the Ikko OH10s sound truly good to my ears. 🤘😎

I bought the OH10 thinking it was going to sound like the Legato does, but it’s such a great all-rounder that it’s rocketed to the top of my favorites.

Apr 18, 2023 at 3:57 PM Post #362 of 428
I concur as well as endorse them as well :beerchug:

OH-MY.jpg

Apr 18, 2023 at 4:02 PM Post #363 of 428
I bought the OH10 thinking it was going to sound like the Legato does, but it’s such a great all-rounder that it’s rocketed to the top of my favorites.

Based on all the times I had seen them rec'd for bassheads and being described as an extremely bassy and/or v tuned IEM, I was genuinely expecting the OH10s to be a pair that I could occasionally break out for fun on bass heavy tracks and nothing else. Instead, I got much more versatile IEM. I'm just glad I saw them going for cheap and decided to grab them just for funsies because it never would have occured to me to try them otherwise. They're also surprisingly technically competent, as well. Just an all around solid performer that I'm very happy with. 👍😎

BTW @Podster , what cable is that? Mine didn't come with the stock cable so I've been looking at various options to pair with it and that one looks like it's a good match.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2023 at 4:08 PM Post #364 of 428
Based on all the times I had seen them rec'd for bassheads and being described as an extremely bassy and/or v tuned IEM, I was genuinely expecting the OH10s to be a pair that I could occasionally break out for fun on bass heavy tracks and nothing else. Instead, I got much more versatile IEM. I'm just glad I saw them going for cheap and decided to grab them just for funsies because it never would have occured to me to try them otherwise. They're also surprisingly technically competent, as well. Just an all around solid performer that I'm very happy with. 👍😎

BTW @Podster , what cable is that? Mine didn't come with the stock cable so I've been looking at various options to pair with it and that one looks like it's a good match.
Ear Ya Goo :v:

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2255...tewayAdapt=glo2usa4itemAdapt&_randl_shipto=US

Apr 18, 2023 at 4:37 PM Post #365 of 428
Apr 18, 2023 at 4:40 PM Post #366 of 428
Thanks! I really appreciate it. I assume you find it to be nice and supple/pliable with no troublesome microphonic qualities to speak of?
I've had no issues with it at all and find it a very well made cable for $17 although when I got mine it was like $14 :thinking:

Apr 19, 2023 at 5:42 AM Post #367 of 428
The sound you can get from IEMs these days with a matched source/amp chain is just.... spectacular. Ikko OH10 amped by JDS Labs Atom, DAC Hegel HD12. Not much volume play just above the volume pot early channel imbalance. But mmm the sound 🎶💣
Ikko_OH10_JDS_Labs_Atom_NiceHCK_GC-OCC.jpg

Apr 19, 2023 at 10:03 AM Post #368 of 428
Look Ma, no wires:astonished: I'll go even a step farther @HiFiRobot. They sound pretty incredible off the TRN BTS20 Pro/FiiO UTWS3:wink: Granted it's no where near your Atom nor even my C421 or John's CMOY but for as small a footprint as the BTS20 or UTWS3 have they do make some of the more efficient iem's sound as U say spectacular:beerchug:

Obsidians.jpg

Apr 19, 2023 at 12:30 PM Post #369 of 428
The sound you can get from IEMs these days with a matched source/amp chain is just.... spectacular. Ikko OH10 amped by JDS Labs Atom, DAC Hegel HD12. Not much volume play just above the volume pot early channel imbalance. But mmm the sound 🎶💣

Couldn't agree more. The OH10s sound great off most things, but they really pair well with my A&K Kann Alpha and the Cayin RU6. Kann when I want super clean, details, and articulation. The RU6 when I want the low end to get really thumpy and the mids to be pulled forward and warmed up a touch. Both also help the great staging and layering the OH10s are already naturally good at.

Apr 22, 2023 at 9:58 AM Post #370 of 428
I got the OH10 about 4 weeks ago, and while the tuning without EQ was decent for some music that was either mixed lean on the low end or is "airy" like 3 piece jazz, my favorite rock and progressive jazz tracks sounded "bloated" (for lack of a better word). Since then, I've added a very simple PEQ filter @ 141 db | -6 db | Q 0.25, and that's made all the difference. The punch is still there with great lows and the rest of the tuning sounds great, but the "bloat" in other recordings is much (very much) better. I may need to tweak it a bit more, but the OH10 does seem to be very easy to tame with a simple PEQ adjustment.

Add in the Moondrop Sping tips and an inexpensive upgrade cable for 4.4mm balance connect (Youkamoo 4.4mm 8 Core Silver Plated).

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #371 of 428
I got the OH10 about 4 weeks ago, and while the tuning without EQ was decent for some music that was either mixed lean on the low end or is "airy" like 3 piece jazz, my favorite rock and progressive jazz tracks sounded "bloated" (for lack of a better word). Since then, I've added a very simple PEQ filter @ 141 db | -6 db | Q 0.25, and that's made all the difference. The punch is still there with great lows and the rest of the tuning sounds great, but the "bloat" in other recordings is much (very much) better. I may need to tweak it a bit more, but the OH10 does seem to be very easy to tame with a simple PEQ adjustment.

Add in the Moondrop Sping tips and an inexpensive upgrade cable for 4.4mm balance connect (Youkamoo 4.4mm 8 Core Silver Plated).

Interesting. I don't find the OH10s to have much bloat, but I'll definitely try your PEQ configuration next time I'm listening to my OH10s. With the Spring Tips you didn't find that they get too shouty in the upper mids? I've had that problem with the spring tips on some other v shaped tunings so I didn't even try them with my OH10s. Your post makes me think I might need to revisit the issue. Thanks for sharing! 👍😎

Apr 22, 2023 at 1:54 PM Post #372 of 428
Interesting. I don't find the OH10s to have much bloat, but I'll definitely try your PEQ configuration next time I'm listening to my OH10s. With the Spring Tips you didn't find that they get too shouty in the upper mids? I've had that problem with the spring tips on some other v shaped tunings so I didn't even try them with my OH10s. Your post makes me think I might need to revisit the issue. Thanks for sharing! 👍😎
When you trying the PEQ filter, adjust the Q between 0.25 and 0.75. Anything in that range sounds good to my ears depending on the source material.

Apr 22, 2023 at 2:39 PM Post #373 of 428
When you trying the PEQ filter, adjust the Q between 0.25 and 0.75. Anything in that range sounds good to my ears depending on the source material.

Cool! Thanks for the guidance. I won't be back to my hotel with the OH10s for quite a while, but when I am I'll definitely give your settings a whirl and let you know how it all worked out for me. 🤝😁

Jun 30, 2023 at 11:44 AM Post #374 of 428
Last edited:
Jul 3, 2023 at 10:49 PM Post #375 of 428
The OH10 has been my "beater" and sleep IEM for a couple years, so I'm very curious to hear OH10 vs OH10s comparisons. Someone post one up if you have both!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back