IHIFI 760 + 770 (pg 13) + 800 (pg 25) : From makers of the 812V2 / 960
Oct 1, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #76 of 482
Glad you have got it H2O:)
760 needs some burnin time, about 50 hours also like DX50.
Main problem is that 760 sounds not good with most BA IEMs. One my very good friend who has audio-shop with interesting players and phones still cannot find a good BA pair.
From pluses, 760 sounds very good even with cheap phones (dynamic IEMs, full-sized, etc).

Maybe i will buy it.

Also 601LE sounds much better than stock 601, but it is still not good for speed hard music. 760 is super with any genre.

Oct 1, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #77 of 482
  Glad you have got it H2O:)
760 needs some burnin time, about 50 hours also like DX50.
Main problem is that 760 sounds not good with most BA IEMs. One my very good friend who has audio-shop with interesting players and phones still cannot find a good BA pair.
From pluses, 760 sounds very good even with cheap phones (dynamic IEMs, full-sized, etc).

Maybe i will buy it.

Also 601LE sounds much better than stock 601, but it is still not good for speed hard music. 760 is super with any genre.

Thanks!

I can agree 760 isn't pairing overly well with my balanced armatures, ER4S to me sound 'ok', decent enough however I have heard better and my IEM (hybrid) like Rhapsodio v1 Mini simply do not sound right, they sound smoothed over or veiled to my ears, DX50 is much better for that so this makes 760 hard to recommend as an all rounder. Where it does shine though is with my full size headphones, I'm yet to try some dynamic IEM's.

Channel imbalance from the volume pot at low volumes is fairly bad on my unit, this stops me from late night listening at low volumes taking a good amount to even out the imbalance, I must go louder than what I prefer. Through the day though it's fine and great sounding unit. It's also not very portable either being so heavy and bulky, possibly more suited for around the house or taking to the park, somewhere you will sit down, so you could easily throw it in your backpack and have a nice set up for full size headphones.

760 really is so retro looking in person, which gives it a unique style, for some reason reminds me of plugging into a home amp, made into portable solution. I would be interested to hear how it drives HD-600 and may consider them in the future, because 760 has the SQ. also I think for someone like me who becomes immersed in portable audio rather than home amps and desk top rigs 760 makes a great alternative and has a place in my collection.

Oct 2, 2013 at 4:56 AM Post #78 of 482
Hi! I have a Sanza Fuze / Fiio E07K/Brainwawz B2 combo.
I want a single player side of the B2, just hard to decide. Fiio X3 or íBasso DX50 or is it IHIFI 760? I like the IHIFI 760, the price is good, but I do not know what it would be with the B2. Could you possibly help us to be suggesting, or do DX50?
In addition to the harmonious sound would be very important for the large square, and level of detail.

Oct 2, 2013 at 5:14 AM Post #79 of 482
  Hi! I have a Sanza Fuze / Fiio E07K/Brainwawz B2 combo.
I want a single player side of the B2, just hard to decide. Fiio X3 or íBasso DX50 or is it IHIFI 760? I like the IHIFI 760, the price is good, but I do not know what it would be with the B2. Could you possibly help us to be suggesting, or do DX50?
In addition to the harmonious sound would be very important for the large square, and level of detail.

Hi there,

IHIFI 760 is not for you and your B2, it does not pair well with any of my balanced armatures and is rather heavy (270 grams) I couldn't imagine many people lugging this around as a portable for a pair of balanced armatures. if anyone thought Studio V was a hunk of steel you wouldn't want to come across IHIFI 760 it feels like a solid slab of concrete. For fullsize headphones and people who need driving power 760 would be an option...

You should focus on DX50 or FiiO X3.

Oct 2, 2013 at 9:54 AM Post #82 of 482
I was just listening to this track. At the beginning between James Blake voice when it's silent the background of 760 is black as black, the kind you actually feel, pitch dark almost like space. Really impressive.

I have some good times with this DAP already, we've had some good fun together. it's probably as far from mainstream as you'll find and sounds really musical to my ears.

Oct 12, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #83 of 482
So it's been about 10 days now since receiving the IHIFI-760.

I'm still rather happy with my purchase, I feel no regrets what so ever and completely content with the player. Different to what I thought previously I'm now enjoying 760 paired with Etymotic ER4S more than I was the first time. Not sure why this is, maybe the player has broken in, I did change some different filters. I've been happily using this pairing for a few days now.

Areas 760 shines are.

Soundstage (decent width / good depth)
Coherency (ability to understand lots of samples at one)
PRaT (good rhythm and swing to the music)
Detail (with a hint of warmth beneath)
Bass impact (especially amped from line out) 
Black background (very dark space like backdrop behind the music)

The battery meter similar to DX50 doesn't seem to work properly, gets about 8 hours in and displays flat with plenty of run time left (rated at 18 hours). The battery (Samsung S4) can be changed as we're aware, however you need to unscrew 4 screws on the backplate to gain access, which I might do and grab some pics. I really have no major complaints with the player and it lives happily beside my DX50 and Studio V, in some ways I prefer with ER4S over the Studio. Still a major fan of the MDR-V6 pairing.

I also tried some amping with C&C BH and it really shinned strongly using the line out, I could pair my H-200 up and they sounded great, impactful bass, good detail levels, impressive soundstage width. Another pairing I tried was using Traluents T1 amp and ER4S, that sounded rather special, crisp, clean. So not only is 760's headphone out rather capable and powerful the line out is very clean and perfect for amping. I don't know if the player will grab much attention here, but I enjoy it. it's very unique in design and sound. Overall IHIFI-760 is rather musical bringing out good PRaT and rhythm in your tracks, really bounces along nicely.

Oct 22, 2013 at 5:19 AM Post #85 of 482
Today I received the IHIFI 760. To me it sounds very very good with dynamic headphones (now testing it with the new Fidelio l2)
Anybody knows about the output impedance?

Great, I'm fairly happy with mine, be sure to try the line out its rather clean signal. Not sure on output impedance, I know their model above had low OI, hopefully 760 kept the trend.

Oct 22, 2013 at 11:14 AM Post #86 of 482
Sure, I will try to connect the line out to my Neco V4 portable amplifier, and maybe to the Soloist SL too (who knows haha)
As you said you in your impressions, the black background is very impressive too, is totally black!

Oct 23, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #87 of 482
Sure, I will try to connect the line out to my Neco V4 portable amplifier, and maybe to the Soloist SL too (who knows haha)
As you said you in your impressions, the black background is very impressive too, is totally black!

Very dark background with Etymotic ER4S, the kind you actually feel, like space, only thing that'll spoil it is any hiss present in a recording. Certainly gives a great backdrop or atmosphere. Fairly decent in soundstage and coherency as well I'm finding.

Oct 29, 2013 at 6:27 PM Post #88 of 482
Hello H20Fidelity,

Is this better sounding than C3+C&C BH2? Thank you.

Oct 30, 2013 at 2:24 AM Post #89 of 482
  Hello H20Fidelity,

Is this better sounding than C3+C&C BH2? Thank you.

Mmmh not really, depends greatly on the synergy or whether you'll amp the 760. C3/BH2 will offer more of a coloured sound signature more euphoric with extra clarity, while the 760 sounds rather natural, slightly warm and musical. If you did however add BH2 to 760's true line out jack it sounds better than C3/BH2. Really it's your call as I don't see one excelling past the other dramatically. If you're deciding on IHIFI-760 or C3/BH2, I'd say take the C3 rig, especially if portability is concerned. If you already own C3/BH2 rig you're not missing much not owning IHIFI-760.  

Nov 2, 2013 at 5:15 AM Post #90 of 482
So it's been mentioned a little how IHIFI-760 tends to pair well with dynamic driver based headphones/IEM over balanced armatures, to a point I agree it does lean in that favour besides my ER4S which I still think sound rather nice driven from the 760, but to put things in perspective and being an IEM kind of guy I got hold of the best dynamic based IEM I know of, Sony EX1000, pairing them up the last few days. They pair VERY well with the 760. Anyone thinking of putting EX1000 and 760 together I can easily recommend doing so. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back