iFi nano iCAN. "Name that Attenuator" competition. Winner no. 1 winner of iCAN nano is...
Apr 30, 2014 at 12:03 AM Post #107 of 471
also

GainPro12 and GainPro24

iMatch12 and iMatch24 for matching the impedance

12Dancer and 24Dancer / Dance12 and Dance24

DeLoud12 / DeLoud24 or simply D12 and D24

iFi one-two / two-four

Apr 30, 2014 at 12:11 AM Post #108 of 471
iTenuator/s

Apr 30, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #109 of 471
iFi iAtten12
iFi iAtten24

iFi iTrim12
iFi iTrim24

iFi iTrunc12
iFi iTrunc24

Sorry if any names have been used already. I didn't go through all the suggestions, these just popped out of my head while reading the first page. :)

Apr 30, 2014 at 12:20 AM Post #110 of 471
iEM12 (or iEM-12 or iEM 12)
iEM24 (or iEM-24 or iEM-24)

iEMPurify12 (or iEMPurify-12 or iEMPurify 12)
iEMPurify24 (or iEMPurify-24 or iEMPurify 24)

iEMClarify12 (or iEMClarify-12 or iEMClarify 12)
iEMClarify24 (or iEMClarify-24 or iEMClarify 24)

iDeNoise12 (or iDeNoise-12 or iDeNoise 12)
iDeNoise24 (or iDeNoise-24 or iDeNoise 24)

iClarify12 (or iClarify-12 or iClarify 12)
iClarify24 (or iClarify-24 or iClarify 24)

Apr 30, 2014 at 2:13 AM Post #118 of 471
I believe every name has to be meaningful and back with reason of being.

I choose Bridge as marketing term  as it is used in Crystal Kable Bridge product, and been tested before in the audio market, and its purpose is as a add-on to existing interconnect for better sound performance.
http://www.crystalcable.ca/crystal_bridge.htm

The tagline is “A bridge to better Audio”
http://www.innerearmag.com/reviews/cables/CrystalCable.shtml

So in the same way, The reason I choose this name is because the attenuators have to provide better sound for some sensitive IEMs (through attenuation) , and thus serve as a  “bridge” for better sound performance, otherwise there is no reason for the bridge. Just like crystal kable bridge, it does not replace the IEM but serve as add-on to the existing IEM to produce better sound.

The i-prefix  has to be there since it is part of product naming standard for the company's product line.

Hence, the name I choose is the following

- iBridge  -> short, understandable and sweet
or
- iEmBridge, iEmbridge -> use the standard iFi’s I prefix, and yet can sound like IEM Bridge (that is what it is designed for).  Embridge don’t have meaning, just playing with words.
iBridge/iEmbridge/iEmbridge series/edition -> High series/edition -> High attenuation , Low series/edition -> Low attenuation

Name-casing is up to company to decide.

Apr 30, 2014 at 2:19 AM Post #119 of 471
iFi-iAudacity 12
iFi-iAudacity 24
iFi- iacclaim 12
iFi- iacclaim 24
iFi- itrimer 12
iFi- itrimer 24

Apr 30, 2014 at 2:19 AM Post #120 of 471
  I believe every name has to be meaningful and back with reason of being.

I choose Bridge as marketing term  as it is used in Crystal Kable Bridge product, and been tested before in the audio market, and its purpose is as a add-on to existing interconnect for better sound performance.
http://www.crystalcable.ca/crystal_bridge.htm

The tagline is “A bridge to better Audio”
http://www.innerearmag.com/reviews/cables/CrystalCable.shtml

So in the same way, The reason I choose this name is because the attenuators have to provide better sound for some sensitive IEMs (through attenuation) , and thus serve as a  “bridge” for better sound performance, otherwise there is no reason for the bridge. Just like crystal kable bridge, it does not replace the IEM but serve as add-on to the existing IEM to produce better sound.

The i-prefix  has to be there since it is part of product naming standard for the company's product line.

Hence, the name I choose is the following

- iBridge  -> short, understandable and sweet
or
- iEmBridge, iEmbridge -> use the standard iFi’s I prefix, and yet can sound like IEM Bridge (that is what it is designed for).  Embridge don’t have meaning, just playing with words.
iBridge/iEmbridge/iEmbridge series/edition -> High series/edition -> High attenuation , Low series/edition -> Low attenuation

Name-casing is up to company to decide.

great mind think alike, see page 7
wink.gif
 bro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back