iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions, Reviews and Comments.
Aug 6, 2014 at 1:39 PM Post #181 of 9,047
  Any one knows how this perform with an Audeze LCD-X or XC

It should have no difficulties in the power aspect or in driving those but there have been no words regarding synergy with those headphones yet. If it means anything to you, iFi uses the LCD-2 (I'm unsure which revision), the ones mentioned here post #1127, and other headphones for their tuning. They bring the LCD-2 and the Fostex to shows and to let customers demo their products. 

Aug 6, 2014 at 4:55 PM Post #182 of 9,047
  Any one knows how this perform with an Audeze LCD-X or XC

I've got the LCD-3F and it works very nicely with it. It has PLENTY of juice to drive it. It is a really smooth sounding device and should play well with the X.

Aug 6, 2014 at 6:20 PM Post #183 of 9,047
there was one issue with the blue usb cable. on one end the plug was not molded with the cable and is pretty much loose., maybe i have a dud...

Aug 7, 2014 at 12:23 AM Post #187 of 9,047
Received Otter Box 3000 today, fits the micro IDSD pretty well. Box is a tad longer, so iDSD will move a bit during transport.
Height is a good match.
Box is cushioned internally, has firm snap closures, is very water resistant and shock proof.
Should be a good travel companion instead of the velour bag.

Aug 7, 2014 at 2:11 AM Post #188 of 9,047
I keep that in mind. I have Otter Box before to protect some of my more delicate instruments. There just a few small strong boxes available, Otter Box is not all that expensive. 

Aug 7, 2014 at 9:55 AM Post #193 of 9,047
  Guys, what do you think of the quality of iDSD Micro headphone amplifier, if it is to be used as a headphone amplifier?
Thanks!

Very clean and transparent, great detail but lean on bass weight. Bass boost helps but it still doesn't hit quite as hard as I like. 3D Holographic sound is great as always. Minus the EQ, it is not the best portable headphone amp I have heard but it is up there with the big boys.

Aug 7, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #194 of 9,047
I couldn't identify a Peli case in a size similar to Otter 3000 for micro iDSD.
But my other Peli 1050 case for HiFi-M8 was superb and had thicker internal cushion.

Note: 3250 model is too big.
Got exact 3000 model from Amazon via Battery Station.

Aug 7, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #195 of 9,047
On 2nd note, I don't feel the amp section is quite as lean when it works as DAC + amp. I would think the amp section really compliment TI DAC warmish / thicker house sound very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back