iFi audio GO blu - Super small. Super light. Super Sound.
May 3, 2022 at 10:32 AM Post #1,231 of 1,594
And for me, it's the third Go Blu with the same annoying hiss. Maybe I am more sensitive to it than you are ...
I do have some mild tinnitus (and old age) so maybe that explains it.

May 3, 2022 at 10:48 AM Post #1,233 of 1,594
Same here, I have built-i
Same here, I have built-in hiss 😝
1651589269309.png

May 3, 2022 at 10:58 AM Post #1,234 of 1,594
To tell the truth I am nearly 65 yo and I don't know exactly, as I never controlled medically my ears.

But, just for fun, ............................. when I tried to use the Samsung DSP "Sound Adapt" which is supposed to adapt EQ with 3 options less than 30yo, 30 to 60yo, more than 60 and one option to personalize by detecting your own ear's sensitivity directly measured with the samsung app => It seems I am in a case where no correction is needed at all

I have, of course, no idea if this can reliable or not ... and I doubt it has any scientific basis... but it is at least fun to see it :k701smile: .
On the left, it is what is supposed from Samsung to be a typical EQ correction for less than 30yo people, and on the right, what was measured with me and what was proposed as EQ correction with the DCA Stealth on my ears ...
As DCA Stealth is a bit V shape, it means low frequencies and high frequencies are a bit increased by the Headphone itself.

Samsung Sound Adapt measurements.jpg

Last edited:
May 3, 2022 at 2:17 PM Post #1,235 of 1,594
May 3, 2022 at 2:37 PM Post #1,236 of 1,594
May 3, 2022 at 10:43 PM Post #1,237 of 1,594
There is no denying there is a hiss with go blu on some iems. To generalize sensitive iems is not correct as my k10s are not sensitive iems (32 ohm impedance) and they don’t hiss with any of my sources but just with go blu they do. Hence I have been requesting for a software gain switch since the day I got go blu. There is no update on that even on feasibility from ifi. As to having people buy another cable to remove hiss is just BS.. looks like attempt to make money not to mention it adds unnecessary bulk. If I want to add a cable I can just use my lotoo paw s2 dongle and I don’t need go blu. There is no hiss with lotoo paw. The issue is with go blu because it has this high power for a such portable device which technically should support iems. Why run huge cans on these. I have dedicated desk amps or portable amps or even DAPs that can do this. The ONLY reason to get this is for the portability.. also something to note this happens only on balanced output not 3.5 mm. My k10s don’t hiss on unbalanced output just the balanced one.

Hence here is my firmware feature request to ifi for the 5th time. Give a software gain switch for balanced output

Last edited:
May 4, 2022 at 1:16 AM Post #1,238 of 1,594
Some update, with the iFi IEmatch 4.4mm attenuator set to -12Db .. No hiss anymore, and I lost more or less 20% battery playing time of the Go Blu with the Beyerdynamic Xelento (it's a rather sensitive IEM)..
So, basically, I don't need to worry for a full day using this combo without needing to recharge the Go Blu at all.

As I can't catch any hiss at all with this, I would say, the only issue left is that the combo is a bit too bulky now, but usable.

Last edited:
May 4, 2022 at 11:01 AM Post #1,239 of 1,594
I’m sure someone may know or has already answered this question, so sorry if it’s redundant. I haven’t read all 82 pages of the thread.

Question: can this or ANY other Bluetooth adapter with with the Apple TV 4K (current version)? I ask because wanting to adapt a pair of wired full size cans for that purpose seems like it should be easy. I attempted it with my HiBy R6 2020 but the two won’t pair, even though it seems like they should. Apple TV won’t pop the dialogue box to accept the pairing code,

If this iFi box can do what I want I’ll buy one right now. But I wonder if Apple is blocking Bluetooth adapters in order to move more of their AirPlay product?
So, I just tested my go blu and paired it with my Apple TV non-4K. Just the one before 4K, with tvOS 15.4.1.

It worked perfectly pairing it up and easy to do. Just make sure there’s no other devices connect to the Go Blu.

Also, the controls work on the go Blu with the Apple TV, volume control, pause, play. It’s actually pretty neat.

I hope that helps. It should have no problems with the Apple TV 4K.

Give one a try.

May 4, 2022 at 11:07 AM Post #1,240 of 1,594
So, I just tested my go blu and paired it with my Apple TV non-4K. Just the one before 4K, with tvOS 15.4.1.

It worked perfectly pairing it up and easy to do. Just make sure there’s no other devices connect to the Go Blu.

Also, the controls work on the go Blu with the Apple TV, volume control, pause, play. It’s actually pretty neat.

Give one a try.

Thanks a lot for this piece of information,
Just one question - Being a digital volume pot, Go Blu can provide enough Loudness / Amplification when connected to Apple TV 4k ?

May 4, 2022 at 11:27 AM Post #1,241 of 1,594
Thanks a lot for this piece of information,
Just one question - Being a digital volume pot, Go Blu can provide enough Loudness / Amplification when connected to Apple TV 4k ?
Yep, it’s not that dissimilar to the volume control when I connect it to my iPhone. Similar OS systems.

I did notice it’s connecting as SBC which according to the manual is basic Bluetooth vs iPhone AAC. It’s still 44.1k. So I did have to turn the volume up a little more, but there’s tons of headspace for loudness.

I hope that helps

Last edited:
May 4, 2022 at 11:39 AM Post #1,242 of 1,594
Yep, it’s not that dissimilar to the volume control when I connect it to my iPhone. Similar OS systems.

I did notice it’s connecting as SBC which according to the manual is basic Bluetooth vs iPhone AAC. It’s still 44.1k. So I did have to turn the volume up a little more, but there’s tons of headspace for loudness.

I hope that helps
Just found out only the Apple TV 4K supports lossless format. But looks like it might only be for music.

Attachments

• F3163B26-11C7-4373-92E3-3E487B12AB6C.jpeg
    F3163B26-11C7-4373-92E3-3E487B12AB6C.jpeg
    405.3 KB · Views: 0
May 4, 2022 at 11:42 AM Post #1,243 of 1,594

Give one a try.

Excellent. That answers all my questions. Thanks!

May 4, 2022 at 1:49 PM Post #1,244 of 1,594

I hope that helps
I'm surprised it's SBC and not AAC.
Just found out only the Apple TV 4K supports lossless format. But looks like it might only be for music.
Apple TV supports lossless through AirPlay 2 which utilizes WiFi (which allows for faster transfer speeds) and not BT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back