iFi audio GO blu - Super small. Super light. Super Sound.
Apr 30, 2022 at 3:29 PM Post #1,216 of 1,594
Apparently the hiss is an issue for most of the people here. I got hiss on every IEM i have pairing with ifi go blu, there is no doubt the device is hissing. The firmware upgrade only stops hissing when no music is playing, but you do still get hissing when music is playing.

I recently got SR25 mkii which I expect to solve the hissing issue. Don’t ask me why I am Bluetooth streaming on this device, I just like playing through my phone. SR25 mkii is very quiet both balanced and unbalanced, no hiss at all, not even on andromeda. However, it has connection issue with Bluetooth that it drops out with terrible time sync issue, which you won’t find on ifi go blu.

So, there is no perfect solution with Bluetooth. The only thing that maybe good is still AirPods, believe it or not. Apple will finally win this battle.
I use LDAC most of the time, I use a variety of iems, I don't get much hissing, the pair that hisses quite a bit is a Dunu dk2001, I use the 4.4mm socket which is probably not the best choice with a sensitive IEM, it doesn't bother me though. I like the sound from the Go Blu so much that hissing would have to be a lot worse to be off putting. I get the frustration though, there are some sounds that I can't stand, once noticed they can be impossible to ignore.

I've been using the Go Blu since around October, I have a few other DAC/amps and haven't used them much since then. There have been no problems with the device, it has been completely reliable.

May 1, 2022 at 6:14 AM Post #1,217 of 1,594
Hi everyone. I use my Go Blu in combination with my iPhone. While doing so, I have got the Go Blu in my pocket. So, if I get a phone call, I choose to have the phone call on my iPhone so that I don't have to pull the Go Blu out of my pocket. In addition to that, with noise blocking IEMs it's not too much fun calling, as you do not hear yourself properly.
My problem is that I start speaking on the iPhone and while I'm speaking, the phone call is often handed over to the Go Blu. The result is that neither the caller has me nir can I hear the person I'm speaking to as I do not have the IEMs in my ears during the call because I want to speak via iPhone.

I hope I was able to explain my problem. Is there a way to prevent the Go Blu from taking over? How do you handle phone calls when you're connected to the Go Blu?

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards,
Chris

May 1, 2022 at 11:32 AM Post #1,218 of 1,594
when you answer the call... just turn off the the go Blu

May 1, 2022 at 4:57 PM Post #1,219 of 1,594
Sorry, I do not have updates for you at this time. I'll follow up again with our development team for you on this.
I ended up contacting support. They had me send in the unit and determined it was defective. Replacement is on the way back to me.

Not sure what went wrong, but I think the green LED got killed during the firmware update.

May 2, 2022 at 10:29 AM Post #1,220 of 1,594
I have no problems. Works great, extremely quiet. I hear of others who have hissing issues, but I guess I'm lucky.
I also have no such problems.

May 2, 2022 at 10:47 AM Post #1,221 of 1,594
same no hissing issues - use campfire iems. But i don't use balanced output - just single ended.

May 2, 2022 at 3:46 PM Post #1,222 of 1,594
Se você não atualizar da versão 2.7 para 3.09, basta poder fazer o seguinte, vá para a página de firmware e faça o download até instalar o apk do cliente Gaia porque não funciona. volte para a página de firmware e atualize para zen azul entreter os 10 números que querem que você queira os primeiros pedidos depois.
Após remover o zip e descompactar você terá um apk Gaia Control e instalará com este aplicativo já instalado na versão 3.09 ou qualquer versão através do Gaia Control, e boa sorte.
Já atualizei meu ifi go blu.
agora você pode desinstalar e instalar o cliente Gaia e instalar um novo firmware no futuro.

Last edited:
May 2, 2022 at 4:51 PM Post #1,224 of 1,594
If you don't upgrade from version 2.7 to 3.09, just be able to do the following go to the firmware page and download it until you install the Gaia client apk because it doesn't work.back to the firmware page and update to zen blue entertain the 10 numbers who want you to want the first orders later.
After removing the zip and unzipping you will have a Gaia Control apk and install with this application already installed in version 3.09 or any version through Gaia Control, and good luck.
I already updated my ifi go blu.
now you can uninstall and install the Gaia client and install new firmware in the future.

If you don't upgrade from version 2.7 to 3.09, just be able to do the following go to the firmware page and download it until you install the Gaia client apk because it doesn't work.back to the firmware page and update to zen blue entertain the 10 numbers who want you to want the first orders later.
After removing the zip and unzipping you will have a Gaia Control apk and install with this application already installed in version 3.09 or any version through Gaia Control, and good luck.
now you can uninstall and install the Gaia client and install new firmware in the future.

May 2, 2022 at 9:01 PM Post #1,225 of 1,594
The hissing issues seem to be more related to specific IEMs. My Audeze Euclid for example don't really hiss. My Etymotic EVO do a little. My UE900 hisses a lot. Though I haven't had much time to play with the new firmware.

May 2, 2022 at 10:34 PM Post #1,226 of 1,594
I’m sure someone may know or has already answered this question, so sorry if it’s redundant. I haven’t read all 82 pages of the thread.

Question: can this or ANY other Bluetooth adapter with with the Apple TV 4K (current version)? I ask because wanting to adapt a pair of wired full size cans for that purpose seems like it should be easy. I attempted it with my HiBy R6 2020 but the two won’t pair, even though it seems like they should. Apple TV won’t pop the dialogue box to accept the pairing code,

If this iFi box can do what I want I’ll buy one right now. But I wonder if Apple is blocking Bluetooth adapters in order to move more of their AirPlay product?

Last edited:
May 3, 2022 at 12:41 AM Post #1,227 of 1,594
Did you upgrade to the latest firmware? I initially had a his on my CA Vega’s, but once I updated the firmware to 3.09 the hiss went away.

I think a lot of units with the older firmware has the hiss. I would highly recommend updating if you haven’t to see if that’s the issue.

I hope this helps

Hmm, are you running XSpace? I find I hear white noise when I turn on XSpace and when I turn it off I can clearly hear it go away. I'll have to try the double click thing you're mentioning and see if I get the same issue.

Some of us older ones may not hear the hissing because we can't hear the highest treble. I only got my Go Blu a couple of weeks ago, I have no idea what firmware I have on it and I cannot hear hissing. You may have very accurate and acute hearing.

I use LDAC most of the time, I use a variety of iems, I don't get much hissing, the pair that hisses quite a bit is a Dunu dk2001, I use the 4.4mm socket which is probably not the best choice with a sensitive IEM, it doesn't bother me though. I like the sound from the Go Blu so much that hissing would have to be a lot worse to be off putting. I get the frustration though, there are some sounds that I can't stand, once noticed they can be impossible to ignore.

I've been using the Go Blu since around October, I have a few other DAC/amps and haven't used them much since then. There have been no problems with the device, it has been completely reliable.

same no hissing issues - use campfire iems. But i don't use balanced output - just single ended.

The hissing issues seem to be more related to specific IEMs. My Audeze Euclid for example don't really hiss. My Etymotic EVO do a little. My UE900 hisses a lot. Though I haven't had much time to play with the new firmware.

Two things for you all to keep in mind:
  1. Hiss is not a problem in relation to the GO Blu, more in relation to the sensitivity of what your IEMs are set at. Some are very sensitive, others are not. The more sensitive an IEM, the more likely it will hiss on any powerful source. The Go Blu was intended to be a middle ground power-wise between using IEMs and full-sized headphones. It's intended to be able to do a wide variety of both no matter the scenario!
  2. We created IEMatch to solve this issue with very sensitive IEMs. Add on IEMatch, and the hiss will go away!
Hope that helps, and gives you some insight!

May 3, 2022 at 10:04 AM Post #1,228 of 1,594
Last year, I bought 2 of them (returned twice to amazon because of the hiss issue) and after 4 months, I bought again a new one after when I noticed iFi was selling an iFi iEMatch 4.4mm Balanced Male to Female Headphone Jack in-Ear-Monitor Audio Amplifier/Optimizer/Attenuator !!!!!!

All the 3 x iFi Blu Go I bought had a clear/disturbing amp hiss with my Beyerdynamic Xelento, Sennheiser IE900 and Vision Ears EXT... This amp hiss can be really annoying at a low volume level (when I am in my bed listening to some music before sleeping). I upgraded the former one to 3.05 firmware and the last one this week to 3.09 without solving the hiss issue.

I received this adaptor this morning, and by "magic" the amp hiss of the Go Blu totally disappeared !!! Of course, now I have to push the volume level a bit more to compensate the loss of sensitivity, but this time with no hiss at all.
So, I imagine, only the battery life should be impacted... Till now, I could get more than 15 hours playing time with the Xelento at a low volume level, I imagine it will fall down to more or less 10 hours.
But as the iFi go Blu has still a more impressive sound quality than my Qudelix and probably still a better battery playing time (Qudelix is limited to 5/6 hours at same volume level), I would say the only issue is that the iFi go blu + clip case + 4.4mm adapter sticked with a thin double side tape, is a bit more bulky than it should be.. but still comfortable when it's clipped somewhere on my shirt.
20220503_152718NW6666.jpg
20220503_152836NW666.jpg

Last edited:
May 3, 2022 at 10:19 AM Post #1,229 of 1,594
Last year, I bought 2 of them (returned twice to amazon because of the hiss issue) and after 4 months, I bought again a new one after when I noticed iFi was selling an iFi iEMatch 4.4mm Balanced Male to Female Headphone Jack in-Ear-Monitor Audio Amplifier/Optimizer/Attenuator !!!!!!

All the 3 x iFi Blu Go I bought had a clear/disturbing amp hiss with my Beyerdynamic Xelento, Sennheiser IE900 and Vision Ears EXT... This amp hiss can be really annoying at a low volume level (when I am in my bed listening to some music before sleeping). I upgraded the former one to 3.05 firmware and the last one this week to 3.09 without solving the hiss issue.

I received this adaptor this morning, and by "magic" the amp hiss of the Go Blu totally disappeared !!! Of course, now I have to push the volume level a bit more to compensate the loss of sensitivity, but this time with no hiss at all.
So, I imagine, only the battery life should be impacted... Till now, I could get more than 15 hours playing time with the Xelento at a low volume level, I imagine it will fall down to more or less 10 hours.
But as the iFi go Blu has still a more impressive sound quality than my Qudelix and probably still a better battery playing time (Qudelix is limited to 5/6 hours at same volume level), I would say the only issue is that the iFi go blu + clip case + 4.4mm adapter sticked with a thin double side tape, is a bit more bulky than it should be.. but still comfortable when it's clipped some
No hiss with my Xelento and the Go Blu

May 3, 2022 at 10:28 AM Post #1,230 of 1,594
No hiss with my Xelento and the Go Blu
And for me, it's the third Go Blu with the same annoying hiss. Maybe I am more sensitive to it than you are ...
I never have any hiss with the Qudelix 5K or even the WM1A set as BT receiver.
I have this hiss with the Centrance M8V2 and the iFi Go Blu...
I don't really understand why with the iFi 4.4mm attenuator there is no hiss with the Go Blu though I push the amp to get the same volume level... but the hiss is totally absent with it, which is fine for me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back