iFi audio GO blu - Super small. Super light. Super Sound.
Apr 22, 2022 at 6:40 PM Post #1,201 of 1,594
So... came up with a fusion of my own clip solution. I use the dpstch key kit https://www.dsptch.com/collections/key/products/fidlock-key-chain-set already and have lots of connections so i combined the miter case(https://www.amazon.com/MITER-CASE-Handmade-Artificial-Necklace/dp/B09LD5W9B9) and here is what I got:
2UkBUvK.jpg

Apr 25, 2022 at 5:24 AM Post #1,202 of 1,594
The Go Blu has a nice little Go Blu faux leather micro bag. Just attach a lanyard to the bag and you can wear it round your neck safely to use the Go Blu as you go around your business. The Go Blu is a great sounding and looking piece of kit.

Attachments

• DSC_0508_compress93.jpg
    DSC_0508_compress93.jpg
    773.6 KB · Views: 0
Apr 26, 2022 at 2:36 AM Post #1,203 of 1,594
After my 3.09 GoBlu activated and connected to bluetooth, there was always a chime sound followed by an announcement of the codec (LDAC in my case). Yesterday the codec announcement was gone. I did reinstall fw 3.09 again (gaia apk), but no more codec announcement.
Pressing the on/off button 2 times, brings announcement for the codec and bandwidth.

Please advise
Thanks

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2022 at 1:16 AM Post #1,204 of 1,594
Hi Sebastien,

Any update on this?

I've tried factory reset, factory settings reset, and reflashing the latest firmware (v3.09). I still have the different LED colors on the top , sound effects, LED.

I verified that the problem is both while connected via Bluetooth and connected via USB. Still the same red blue magenta colors.

Was this an intended update? I haven't tried flashing back to 3.05 yet.

Best,
Mark

Sorry, I do not have updates for you at this time. I'll follow up again with our development team for you on this.

So... came up with a fusion of my own clip solution. I use the dpstch key kit https://www.dsptch.com/collections/key/products/fidlock-key-chain-set already and have lots of connections so i combined the miter case(https://www.amazon.com/MITER-CASE-Handmade-Artificial-Necklace/dp/B09LD5W9B9) and here is what I got:
2UkBUvK.jpg

Nice mod!

The Go Blu has a nice little Go Blu faux leather micro bag. Just attach a lanyard to the bag and you can wear it round your neck safely to use the Go Blu as you go around your business. The Go Blu is a great sounding and looking piece of kit.

Appreciate the love!

After my 3.09 GoBlu activated and connected to bluetooth, there was always a chime sound followed by an announcement of the codec (LDAC in my case). Yesterday the codec announcement was gone. I did reinstall fw 3.09 again (gaia apk), but no more codec announcement.
Pressing the on/off button 2 times, brings announcement for the codec and bandwidth.

Please advise
Thanks

Hi,

If you roll back the firmware to the factory by doing a full reset, does the issue still occur?

Apr 27, 2022 at 7:37 PM Post #1,206 of 1,594
If you guys made the clip case in black - i'd prefer that.
I stopped using their clip case. The clip isn't super strong and has resulted in me dropping on the Go Blu a few times. I remember my brother finding it in my driveway once which was concerning. I went back to my Miter setup with a carabiner clip.

Apr 28, 2022 at 7:59 AM Post #1,207 of 1,594
@sebastian
Any idea when those still stuck on 2.07 can expect a firmware fix? I'd expect it not to be difficult to change the Device ID from GO blu to Go blu, but apparently it is. I've been checking the website for quite some time no. Still no luck.

Apr 30, 2022 at 12:46 PM Post #1,209 of 1,594
Apparently the hiss is an issue for most of the people here. I got hiss on every IEM i have pairing with ifi go blu, there is no doubt the device is hissing. The firmware upgrade only stops hissing when no music is playing, but you do still get hissing when music is playing.

I recently got SR25 mkii which I expect to solve the hissing issue. Don’t ask me why I am Bluetooth streaming on this device, I just like playing through my phone. SR25 mkii is very quiet both balanced and unbalanced, no hiss at all, not even on andromeda. However, it has connection issue with Bluetooth that it drops out with terrible time sync issue, which you won’t find on ifi go blu.

So, there is no perfect solution with Bluetooth. The only thing that maybe good is still AirPods, believe it or not. Apple will finally win this battle.

Apr 30, 2022 at 12:52 PM Post #1,210 of 1,594
Apparently the hiss is an issue for most of the people here. I got hiss on every IEM i have pairing with ifi go blu, there is no doubt the device is hissing. The firmware upgrade only stops hissing when no music is playing, but you do still get hissing when music is playing.

I recently got SR25 mkii which I expect to solve the hissing issue. Don’t ask me why I am Bluetooth streaming on this device, I just like playing through my phone. SR25 mkii is very quiet both balanced and unbalanced, no hiss at all, not even on andromeda. However, it has connection issue with Bluetooth that it drops out with terrible time sync issue, which you won’t find on ifi go blu.

So, there is no perfect solution with Bluetooth. The only thing that maybe good is still AirPods, believe it or not. Apple will finally win this battle.
I don't hear the hissing. At what frequency do you estimate it is happening? Also is this with LDAC or APTX?

Apr 30, 2022 at 1:01 PM Post #1,211 of 1,594

I have no problems. Works great, extremely quiet. I hear of others who have hissing issues, but I guess I'm lucky.

Apr 30, 2022 at 1:11 PM Post #1,212 of 1,594

Did you upgrade to the latest firmware? I initially had a his on my CA Vega’s, but once I updated the firmware to 3.09 the hiss went away.

I think a lot of units with the older firmware has the hiss. I would highly recommend updating if you haven’t to see if that’s the issue.

I hope this helps

Apr 30, 2022 at 2:48 PM Post #1,213 of 1,594
I don't hear the hissing. At what frequency do you estimate it is happening? Also is this with LDAC or APTX?
It is like white noise, I am not sure what frequency it is. I tried LDAC and AAC from android and iOS devices, respectively. You won’t hear hiss when nothing is playing. However if double clicking the power button to check connection, the hiss immediately comes.

I am running 3.09v. @mblain , @Luckyleo

Apr 30, 2022 at 3:00 PM Post #1,214 of 1,594
It is like white noise, I am not sure what frequency it is. I tried LDAC and AAC from android and iOS devices, respectively. You won’t hear hiss when nothing is playing. However if double clicking the power button to check connection, the hiss immediately comes.

Hmm, are you running XSpace? I find I hear white noise when I turn on XSpace and when I turn it off I can clearly hear it go away. I'll have to try the double click thing you're mentioning and see if I get the same issue.

Apr 30, 2022 at 3:19 PM Post #1,215 of 1,594

Some of us older ones may not hear the hissing because we can't hear the highest treble. I only got my Go Blu a couple of weeks ago, I have no idea what firmware I have on it and I cannot hear hissing. You may have very accurate and acute hearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back