If you have listened to a lot of headphones, which would you rate as S-tier?
Aug 10, 2023 at 4:14 PM Post #2 of 9
Same as title, headphones you felt were very satisfying and couldn't find any fault in them.

I've not yet found a headphone without fault.

There are compromises in all of them and if I can live with the compromises, I keep it. The Meze Elite is an example--it's beautifully musical, sounds nice and wide, and has an organic richness to it that most headphones don't compete with. But it's not perfect even though I love it.

Aug 10, 2023 at 9:51 PM Post #3 of 9
For music the Sennheiser hd650 or gaming the Hifiman Ananda Stealth. Others I would EQ is the Arya Stealth or on a lower budget I like the He5xx a lot for the price. The IEMs I use and would never sell is the Simgot EA500 with red tips for music or black ones for gaming. The Truthear Zero Blue is fun, but it's worth the extra $25 for the Simgot EA500. The Seeaudio Yume II and Moon drop Starfield were also good for their price points. Beyerdynamic DT880 600 ohm too, just not for really loud volume levels.

Aug 10, 2023 at 10:42 PM Post #4 of 9
I have gone through more than 43 sets of 'phones since 2014, but my journey has been all entry level/Mid-Fi.
The closest to perfect I have found so far are the Focal Elex's/OG Clear's.

Aug 12, 2023 at 3:24 PM Post #6 of 9
Hifiman Susvara
ZMF Caldera
ZMF Atrium closed

Aug 12, 2023 at 10:37 PM Post #7 of 9
None. You have to know your own preferences and pick the right cans yourself.

I can easily list multiple shortcomings with every single cans listed in the above posts. no exception.

Aug 13, 2023 at 1:02 AM Post #8 of 9
There are so many variables and compromises in both the headphone, type of music, dac and headphone amplifier, subjective and the person themselves (glasses? your ears and your head) that it is very difficult to pinpoint one headphone as perfect. That's why I gave up on the idea of the perfect headset a long time ago, but instead look for headphones and equipment that complement each other.

Aug 13, 2023 at 12:28 PM Post #9 of 9
Sennheiser HE-1 is the only real S tier headphone.

T+A Solitaire P and Focal Utopia 2022 are S- , but there's still quite a noticeable gap between them and the HE-1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back