If there were a contest for the most rediculous headphone made. Would this be the winner?
Jul 2, 2009 at 7:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

DannyBuoy

100+ Head-Fier
colette - 213 rue Saint-Honoré 75001 Paris

Price: $ 1635.14

The description of these Python and Goat skin covered oddities follows:

"Parisian accessory label, HOON, just collaborated for the first time with the young French audio firm, The Perfect Unison, in creating a line of luxury headphones. A balanced mix of high technology and stylish design, these python skin covered headphones are made-to-measure and packed with the newest innovation in acoustic, then packaged in traditional French craftsmanship.

The natural flex of the headphones are provided by nine layers of birch wood, then covered with python skin on the exterior side and supple goat skin on the inside closest to the head for maximum comfort. Ear pieces are crafted from polished carbon fiber that is varnished strictly by hand."

Jul 2, 2009 at 7:24 PM Post #3 of 30
Sennheiser Surrounder all the way
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossmd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jecklin Floats..eat your heart out.

don't be dissin' on da' floats, bro!
floatsmile.png

Jul 2, 2009 at 7:28 PM Post #4 of 30
lol the plug reminds me of pailiccs

I think the beats are the most ridiculous headphone made.

Jul 3, 2009 at 7:08 AM Post #7 of 30
I,d get a pair to take my poodle for a walk

Jul 3, 2009 at 7:20 AM Post #8 of 30
Hd-800, in many ways, can also look as ridiculous as this to an ordinary viewer

Jul 3, 2009 at 7:24 AM Post #9 of 30
^The HD800s have always looked beautiful to me!

Jul 3, 2009 at 8:31 AM Post #10 of 30
Well the boutique is really close to my home. Should go to audit it next week and post some rough "review" back here
biggrin.gif

Anyway, I don't think it will beat HD-800...
Sennheiser had chosen the materials for HD-800 to make it mass-producible. I think there is some kind of compromise in sounding quality, but must be acceptable.

Jul 3, 2009 at 12:25 PM Post #11 of 30
Please do and bring back specs.

It likely isn't going to sound nearly as good as the hd-800 but people don't buy $300+ purses for their ability to store things.

Jul 3, 2009 at 1:18 PM Post #14 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by xiaobao0707 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well the boutique is really close to my home. Should go to audit it next week and post some rough "review" back here
biggrin.gif

Anyway, I don't think it will beat HD-800...
Sennheiser had chosen the materials for HD-800 to make it mass-producible. I think there is some kind of compromise in sounding quality, but must be acceptable.

I don't think that I would consider 5000 units per year "mass production". On top of that, I am pretty sure that senn chose the materials in the phone in order to increase dampening and decrease vibration.

On topic, the Senn surrounder and any of the Jecklin/ergo models are more ridiculous for sure.

Jul 3, 2009 at 1:53 PM Post #15 of 30
I'm trying to look for info on "the perfect unison" headphone company, apparently they used 30mm mylar Ultrasone drivers for a limited 50 unit production run for their "Parra x" headphones. I hope they hijacked some Edition 8 or Pro 900 drivers for the Hoon x and if so, maybe with a little luck it'll sound about as good as the Edition 8 and of course be lighter and look like a purse on your head.

Here's the Parra x

parraheadphones-02.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back