If I give you $5000.00..what will you do with it?
Jan 7, 2006 at 6:40 AM Post #92 of 102
I'd get this:
hrz_1_eb.jpg

In this colour:
reindeer_2000_rdb.jpg

With custom inlays, reverse headstock and direct-mount EMG 81 pickups.

Jan 7, 2006 at 6:56 AM Post #93 of 102
I'd spend it on a new pair of headphones, diy-related stuff (not neccessarily headphone related), some cymbals (you can never have enough cymbals
very_evil_smiley.gif
), add some to my computer savings, and put the rest in the bank
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 7, 2006 at 7:44 AM Post #94 of 102
I'm not really interested in anything at the moment so I'd save it. Not very exciting I know
tongue.gif

Jan 7, 2006 at 9:31 AM Post #95 of 102
Some combination of the first 3.

Maybe an LCD TV.
Maybe an HTPC (build one).
Maybe a DAC-1.
Maybe a new computer case/random parts.

Oh yeah, I'd try to save at least $1000 of it...

Wow this new edit thing is cool.

Jan 7, 2006 at 12:20 PM Post #96 of 102
Some of each...

I'd do a few upgrades on my computer

buy a nice amp or DAC w/amp

pay off some debt

maybe take a short trip up to Washington to see some friends

Jan 7, 2006 at 12:39 PM Post #97 of 102
Only 26.02% choose audio gear so far. Where are the audiophiles?
icon10.gif

With some extra $5K now, i'll secure 10 pairs of EAT 300B magic triodes.

But that's just an appetizer...i need much more...
eggosmile.gif

Jan 7, 2006 at 5:42 PM Post #98 of 102
I might finish up with furnishing my apartment. I've been here about 6 months now and I'm only half done. I've got everything I NEED to get by, but I still need various end/coffee tables, probably a recliner, some lamps, wall hangings, a bookshelf, couple pieces of bedroom furniture, and some kitchen odds and ends.

Or I might buy a big fat TV, since I don't have one and currently use my monitor for TV watching. Though I seriously doubt I'd spend the whole 5 grand on a TV, maybe half of it.

Or I'd use it as a down payment for a new car, since my current one is getting a bit old and I'll be in the market for one soon anyway.

edit: I've thought I'd like a pair of HD650s, ZU cable, RSA raptor, and a nice source. But I really have several better ways to spend that money these days.

Jan 8, 2006 at 2:09 AM Post #101 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebonyks
Realdoll
smily_headphones1.gif

Is that what I think it is?
eek.gif

And if I had to spend my $5000 on audio gear, I'd get an NHT xD stereo system.

Jan 8, 2006 at 4:32 AM Post #102 of 102
I want a Ted Megas archtop with parallel bracing and a pickup built into the top, like the old Wes Montgomery L-5. I don't NEED it, but if someone gave me 5k, that'd be a good start paying for one.

A close second would be to put in coil overs and Penske adjustables in my 2002 Z06, but I'm planning on getting one of the newer Z06s in a few years, so dumping money into this one isn't all that worthwhile. I've got a Lotus Elise for going around corners anyway
icon10.gif

I'm in headphone heaven now, so I don't feel the need to buy any more stereo/audio/hp equipment.

Actually, if I had the room I'd spend it on a Suhr OD-100 amp with two 2x12 cabs, but I don't, so that's that. If I was playing out doing blues and/or rock gigs, though, I would go for it in a heartbeat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back