IEM's with huge soundstage and bass?
Dec 7, 2013 at 10:53 AM Post #61 of 83
Re400 should be about average. IE8 at least has one of the biggest and most open soundstages available. The IE80 should be similar. (I've only heard the Re400 briefly as I didn't like them and owned IE8 for a few months and didn't like them either.)

Feb 13, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #62 of 83
hi all.. i just lost my sony xb90ex and looking to try out something new.. i loved the big sound, deep sub-bass of the xb90ex and would love to know what other alternatives i could look at that would have a bigger and wider soundstage than the xb90ex. price range is up to $200. i also don't like iem's that go around your ears, so just regular y-cable that hangs down please. thanks!

Feb 13, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #65 of 83
Re400 should be about average. IE8 at least has one of the biggest and most open soundstages available. The IE80 should be similar. (I've only heard the Re400 briefly as I didn't like them and owned IE8 for a few months and didn't like them either.)

What didn't you like about the re400 and ie8?

Feb 14, 2014 at 12:28 AM Post #66 of 83
The Sony EX7550, GR07, UE TF10Pro and DN1000 has bigger wide soundstage with great clarity and bass.

+1 for Dunu DN-1000

thanks, but with the exception of the dn-1000, all of those are over the ears. i'm looking for y-cords that go straight down. the dunu sounds like something close, but that weight is pretty heavy. my former sony xb90ex i thought were already on the borderline heavy side, so i wouldn't want to go more than that. the dunu is 26g, while i believe the xb90ex is somewhere around 16g. i'm basically looking for a similar sound to the sony xb90ex, but just with a bigger soundstage.

Feb 14, 2014 at 1:21 AM Post #67 of 83
thanks, but with the exception of the dn-1000, all of those are over the ears. i'm looking for y-cords that go straight down. the dunu sounds like something close, but that weight is pretty heavy. my former sony xb90ex i thought were already on the borderline heavy side, so i wouldn't want to go more than that. the dunu is 26g, while i believe the xb90ex is somewhere around 16g. i'm basically looking for a similar sound to the sony xb90ex, but just with a bigger soundstage.

Do check out the ATH IM50/70. Satisfy both bass and soundstage that you're looking for. Simply astonishing relative to it's price.

Feb 14, 2014 at 1:39 AM Post #68 of 83
Do check out the ATH IM50/70. Satisfy both bass and soundstage that you're looking for. Simply astonishing relative to it's price.

thanks, but those are also over the ears. i'm looking for straight downs.

been reading up on the Yamaha EPH-100.. and from joker's review.. he mentions "strong, deep, punchy bass", but not sure how the sub-bass is.

he also mentioned "presentation of the EPH-100 is befittingly well-rounded – soundstage size is above average, though it doesn’t quite keep up with the GR07 or Ultimate Ears TF10 in absolute width and out-of-the-head feel. Depth is good, as are the instrument separation and dynamics, which allow for better layering compared, for example, to the more flat- and distant-sounding GR07. At the same time, the EPH-100 is not as forward and intimate as the FXT90 and yet sounds open and uncongested, avoiding the more closed-in feel of many lower-end monitors."

i'm not sure how wide the soundstage is still, since i haven't tried out the gr07 or tf10...

Feb 14, 2014 at 6:11 AM Post #69 of 83

Yep it looks heavy, it feels heavy, but once you have it in your ear, it just stays in and you forget it's even there

Feb 14, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #71 of 83
I personally own a pair of pfe232, and I listen to a lot of dnb and dubstep. I would definitely recommend these. Bass wise, they are tight and can go really deep, might be just a tick inferior to the ie80s but they are still really good for BA drivers. When listening to some pendulum, the drums can really give me a shake in my head. On the other hand, the highs are superb. They are very clear, really nice for female vocal dnb. The highs often give me goosebumps but never harsh sounding. I can listen to them for hours, they are just a pleasure to listen to. Soundstage wise, they are wide and natural. Sometimes my se535s have a soundstage that is too broad, that makes me feel unnatural and artificial. The pfe232s feel just right. Another strength of the pfe232s is their ergonomics. They are just so light and nicely designed that they fit in my ears perfectly. You literally cannot feel them after 15 minutes. The downside to the pfe232 used to be the price, as they are almost 600 but still being a dual driver. The price have come down a lot now and I picked them up brand new at earphonesolution for 350 on sale. Better get them soon coz they are discontinued, they are really not a pair iems to miss. While I haven't tried others other than ie80 and se535, I'd still suggest you to try these out.

Feb 15, 2014 at 3:03 AM Post #73 of 83
Pretty much everyone who has the BE has said that it doesn't have much more bass than the GR07 and is not really a bassy earphone - the XB90EX is on a different level of bass. Also, it's already been said that he doesn't want any over-ear phones.

Feb 18, 2014 at 1:41 AM Post #74 of 83

What didn't you like about the re400 and ie8?

I found the IE8 to be grainy. Bloated. Boomy. Dark. But mostly it was the grainy mids that put me off.

The Re400 sounded way too smooth and mid centric for my taste. Got a tip for some EQ that heavily boosted upper treble and that made them sound less dull for me. But I feel that I already have enough in ears that I don't need to EQ. I could've probably gotten used to the Re400 but they weren't interesting enough to warrant a purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back