IEM's to fall asleep with
Apr 25, 2011 at 1:43 PM Post #46 of 53
What about the Shure SE215's? Or even 315's? Anyone sleep in these?

I own the SE315, and I find the fit and design fantastic: in these aspects, SE215 should be very similar to mine.
I find to rest on the pill with them very comfortable, although I don't sleep listening to them because I don't want to risk a pair of headphones costing me 160 euros.
Soundwise you won't be disappointed if you like Shure's BA sound signature: for a good, quick review you can check this post, which I find pretty accurate on the pros and cons of those phones

Apr 25, 2011 at 2:39 PM Post #47 of 53
MrBapti, no I didn't buy the M50's for sleeping. I wouldn't use a pair of cans for that. I bought those for general usage.

And thanks for the info, akappa. Yeah the 315's look almost identical to the 215's. So if they're comfortable for you to use while sleeping then I'm sure the 215's will be great for me. And like I said, they come with a 2 year warranty. So if anything happens to them I'll just get them replaced. Samething if anything happens to the cable. The detachable cable is a big selling point for me.

Apr 25, 2011 at 7:47 PM Post #48 of 53
When I had the Shure SE535's, I felt the most comfortable sleeping in those, because they sat really flush with my ear and the cables were thick enough/strong enough for me to not worry about them when I toss and turn in my sleep. I can't same the same about the Westone 4 cables I now have. The cables on my Ultimate Ears UE4 are strong, but the customs aren't comfortable to sleep in. It feels weird once I try to rest my head on its side.

Good call on the pair of Shures for sleeping in.

Apr 27, 2011 at 12:47 PM Post #49 of 53
I love my SE535 for sleeping in, especially with comply foam tips.

Also, I used the er-6i in the past for sleeping with. They are very comfortable and offer a low profile.

I would love to hear more feedback on people's experience with sleeping with customs.

Apr 28, 2011 at 10:10 PM Post #52 of 53
Also, I used the er-6i in the past for sleeping with. They are very comfortable and offer a low profile.

Agreed, the ER-6i are great for sleeping, and affordable.

The CK10 is also a good choice. Even the tubby Westone 4 is quite comfortable due to their round shape and lack of sharp edges.

Apr 29, 2011 at 6:54 AM Post #53 of 53
I sometimes sleep with my customs and the left side has a little pressure in the ear canal, but the right side is fine. Go figure! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back