IEMs - Timeless vs Tangzu Wu Zetian
Nov 2, 2022 at 2:38 PM Post #2 of 4
Is it worth to buy the Tangzu IEMs, when I already have the Timeless? I EQ of course.
Not so sure this would be an upgrade to the Timeless. But there's always the knowledge/experience benefit of comparison.

Nov 3, 2022 at 9:57 AM Post #3 of 4
Is it worth to buy the Tangzu IEMs, when I already have the Timeless? I EQ of course.

The Tangzu Audio Zetian Wu has better tonality and timbral accuracy, but poorer technicalities.

- Zetian Wu is more balanced and sounds much better for acoustic instruments - Timeless has quite bad planar timbre, if you are sensitive to it. Zetian Wu is also darker and smoother in the treble (less fatiguing).

- Fit is also better on the Zetian Wu.

- The Timeless has superior technicalities - better clarity, imaging, instrument separation, micro-details and transients. Although soundstage depth is very weak on the Timeless compared to the Zetian Wu.

So essentially, these 2 are complementary rather than competing.

Dec 17, 2022 at 5:48 PM Post #4 of 4
The Tangzu Audio Zetian Wu has better tonality and timbral accuracy, but poorer technicalities.

- Zetian Wu is more balanced and sounds much better for acoustic instruments - Timeless has quite bad planar timbre, if you are sensitive to it. Zetian Wu is also darker and smoother in the treble (less fatiguing).

- Fit is also better on the Zetian Wu.

- The Timeless has superior technicalities - better clarity, imaging, instrument separation, micro-details and transients. Although soundstage depth is very weak on the Timeless compared to the Zetian Wu.

So essentially, these 2 are complementary rather than competing.
And if anyone should disagree, you can just say "well it's subjective, ain't it" 😝

Users who are viewing this thread

Back