IEMs that actually stay in my ears, < $200 tops
Sep 6, 2008 at 10:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

pbirkett

Headphoneus Supremus
Currently using a pair of Sennheiser CX300s which I think are pretty good bang for the buck, but the problem is I seem to struggle to get them to stay in my ears.

I've tried all sorts, I've tried the medium tips but its very difficult to get a good seal with those as they are just a smidge too small. The larger tips can give a decent seal but only at an angle and they very rarely stay in my ears for long before i lose the seal.

I use these at the gym, so it would be good to have something a lot more secure.

I have some criteria:-

They must:-

* Stay in the ears securely - as I've just said
* Be very sensitive, the output of my Creative Zen Stone seems rather low
* Have powerful and punchy bass. I like my bass, and again, the Zen Stone seems rather light on it.
* Be easy to use. I tried my mates Shure E2Cs once and I found them cumbersome, not to mention uncomfortable. I also didnt think they sounded any better than the CX300.
* Be less than $200 tops. Actually I'd prefer it to be significantly less if possible, but I'd consider anything up to that price if it was really worth it sound quality wise.
* Be a good upgrade to the CX300 sound quality
* Not require an amp to get the most out of them - no way will i ever be carrying a portable headphone amp - I've just never seen the point.

Thats it. Dont want much do I?
beerchug.gif

Sep 6, 2008 at 2:18 PM Post #3 of 3
- Klipsch Image X5
- Sleek Audio SA6
- Futuresonic Atrio M5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back