IEMs: Sennheiser IE8 Vs. UE TripleFi 10 - Which is better?
Feb 26, 2013 at 4:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

SkyBleu

Previously known as 2Curiosity9
Hello all, 

I made this thread in search of an answer to my question in the title, as there wasn't already a thread on this topic. 

I am just curious, between the two, which IEM is the better option? Why?

It'd be appreciated if you could leave a reason(s) why you chose one of them over the other. 

I'd prefer the opinions of owners of AT LEAST one of the two IEMs, or both. 
No fanboying/fangirling-bias opinions, please. Personal opinions, rather than statistical answers is preferred.

Thanks 
etysmile.gif

Feb 26, 2013 at 6:02 AM Post #2 of 30
Not voting because I've not used The UEs. You can see my review on the IE8s in my sig tho.

The question is likely to be what sound sig you prefer.

Feb 26, 2013 at 6:07 AM Post #3 of 30
@Cravenz nice review! Haven't gone through it completely, but did have a good skim.

The thing is, I'm new to this sound signature stuff, so I'm more of just after opinions of owners to get a better understanding between the two's difference, and what each person prefers.

Feb 26, 2013 at 6:17 AM Post #4 of 30
@Cravenz nice review! Haven't gone through it completely, but did have a good skim.

The thing is, I'm new to this sound signature stuff, so I'm more of just after opinions of owners to get a better understanding between the two's difference, and what each person prefers.

You should have a look in jokers thread on all the earphones. I can't link at the moment as I'm on my mobile. But that thread will give you a good gauge on the different variety of earphones out there.

Also, I think there is a thread about the glossary of terms linked at the top. Have a look and it will help.

In general though, it would help if you tell the community your music preferences. Then people can recommend other earphones as well :)

Feb 26, 2013 at 6:22 AM Post #5 of 30
Will do, thanks! :D

Yeah, I should. Onside ring learning a word or two haha..

My music preference is shown on my profile, but I'm more of after one of these two. Already own the H-100's, and they do me well. I just after something fun to use now for when I'm in the go.

Feb 26, 2013 at 9:57 AM Post #6 of 30
I use both UE TF10Pro, Sennheiser IE8 and i think it's personal prefernce to choosing one over other because they are in same league and offers pro and cons like Sennheiser offers richer warmer detailed soundezperience with huge out of head soundstage and tight punchy heavy bass. While UE TF10Pro offers BA cleaner more detailed sound but less warmer, less wider and less richer soundexperience with fairly wide soundstage, tight punchy bass(close to dynamic in punch but airy as IE8). So if you want more cleaner neutral, bright(little cold compared to IE8), very detailed sound then UE TF10Pro are great buy and if you want richer warmer huge soundstage experience then IE8 are amazing set of IEMs.

Feb 26, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #7 of 30
I've owned the TP10 for a few years, and I don't consider them to be that good. Vocals seem recessed, and the overall sound is muddy/cloudy/whatever term for "not very clear". At least out of my Iphone 3GS and sandisk clip+.

Feb 26, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #8 of 30
Quote:
I've owned the TP10 for a few years, and I don't consider them to be that good. Vocals seem recessed, and the overall sound is muddy/cloudy/whatever term for "not very clear". At least out of my Iphone 3GS and sandisk clip+.

seriously dude?? the last word I would describe them is Muddy.. they are not muddy. but they are pretty harsh when it comes to high frequency's.. personally I cant listen to it more than 30minutes cuz of ear fatigue , due to insane treble sizzle.. freaking bright IEM's.. they sound pretty electrical and unnatural to me.. but its fun when u listen to most vocal trance..  then of course IE8 is a different beast, Quantity of the bass is very high and extension is okay.. but I feel its bass is to be tad muddy compared to most iem's ( even to TF10's ).. if muddy is not the word I would say 'Fluffy " :p soundstage is huge ( its an out of the head experience ) and a bit slow compared to TF10.. + treble extension is also not as high as the tf10s, due to this fact they sound pretty laid back and veiled ( Mids) .. but extremely relaxing to listen... the only down fault with the ie8 is that its performance isn't that great when it comes to very aggressive genre's , such as Death metal / black metal / rock / some phsy trance music.. but with rest others its just as awesome as or better than the TF10s.. 

u can change this whole "fluffy" sound signature of the ie8's by doing a small mode.. which u can apply some duct tape on the face plate ; where u have to cover the whole bass knob.. apply lest 2 layers..  since ie8's are vented they are naturally bass heavy. once when u apply the tape over the faceplate the amount of air inside the driver will be less , causing them to react fast... due to this fact ull get a proper controlled amount of bass , making them sound great in aggressive music genre's as well....

at the end of the day what u are looking at is 2 different flavored dishes..

TF10s are a spicy dish where u get that sick sensation of aggressive blistering taste  ( if u need a lot of details and a bright  sounding iem , u cant go wrong with this either )

IE8s are a very sweet dish were u can get a dreamy yet a non-exhausting taste... ( if u want to dream with ur music this is the one to go )

Feb 27, 2013 at 4:33 AM Post #11 of 30
Quote:
At the moment, I'm kind of leaning towards the TF-10, but I'll give it some time before I have a final answer.

Thanks for all the tips and advices, much appreciated!

if u could demo a set of TF10s that will sort all of ur problems... and the next thing is TF10's fit is such a pain. make sure u will get a right fit with these. unless its utterly pointless, ")

good luck with your purches

Feb 27, 2013 at 5:22 AM Post #12 of 30
Quote:

if u could demo a set of TF10s that will sort all of ur problems... and the next thing is TF10's fit is such a pain. make sure u will get a right fit with these. unless its utterly pointless, ")

good luck with your purches

Thank you, and all your help is greatly appreciated:)

May I ask, what's so bad about the fitting of the TF 10's? I'm assuming it's something to do with the tips? Or is it to do with the contour of the ear piece. 

Feb 27, 2013 at 11:17 AM Post #13 of 30
Quote:

May I ask, what's so bad about the fitting of the TF 10's? I'm assuming it's something to do with the tips? Or is it to do with the contour of the ear piece. 

Its the funky design of it and the size, some people they just cant get them to fit right. I didn't have fit issues with them, but now I have them in customs, so the planets are aligned.

Feb 27, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #14 of 30
ksc75smile.gif

Quote:

yep as  
  1. Watagump said they have a very cool design.. but the only downside is that the IEM housing it self is pretty big and the whole shell body wont drawn inside ur ears unless u have a Big hole.. even for me it was bigger.. but managed with some small foam tips.. and their cable is  the most annoying part... its a freaking ****... tangle like crap. looping takes ages.. what I suggest u is to order a westone cable or a silver galaxy cables with ur purchase...  u wont regret it. trust me.. 
    ksc75smile.gif

Feb 28, 2013 at 12:14 AM Post #15 of 30
Quote:
ksc75smile.gif

yep as  
  1. Watagump said they have a very cool design.. but the only downside is that the IEM housing it self is pretty big and the whole shell body wont drawn inside ur ears unless u have a Big hole.. even for me it was bigger.. but managed with some small foam tips.. and their cable is  the most annoying part... its a freaking ****... tangle like crap. looping takes ages.. what I suggest u is to order a westone cable or a silver galaxy cables with ur purchase...  u wont regret it. trust me.. 
    ksc75smile.gif

Ah, I see.

Was considering to get a cable along with it IF I do purchase it:)

Fitment sounds annoying haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back