IEMs for portable listening rock/electronic/classical for ~$200USD
Sep 15, 2011 at 1:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

regicide

Head-Fier
Hey all

so I am looking into getting a decent pair of IEMs, I currently user either my grado sr80i for portable use (open so useless on a train, but love the sound) or my skullcandy FMJ (RUBBISH sound).

I am aiming to spend about $200 USD.

I listen to mostly rock (60-70%), electronic (20%), classical(10-20%).

The IEMs cannot have overpowered bass, detail is the goal and muddyness is the enemy.
They also need to be able to stay in while im walking, my FMJs slip out all the time.
They will be used from a clip+ possibly with a cmoy if needed (just built it).

IEMs i'm considering include:
  1. Shure 315
  2. Brainwavz B2
  3. Earsonics SM1

If you know any others and/or which of the above best suit my needs, PLEASE shout out.

EDIT:
after finding the livewires/fidelity-customs I am very intrigued to say the least, and although they are stretching the budget a little, for customs it could be worth it if the SQ is on par with those mentioned above.

sorry for another thread, but I have expanded my budget and am considering customs
http://www.head-fi.org/t/572070/good-customs-for-rock-electronic-classical-for-350usd

Thanks in advance!
~Chris

Sep 15, 2011 at 6:36 AM Post #2 of 6
These IEMs are generaly good for the portable use but under this budget you can buy even better sounding IEMs like GR07, EX600, HF5, CK10, DBA-02, MTP Copper, UE TF10Pro and IE7.

Sep 17, 2011 at 4:15 AM Post #4 of 6
Thank you both for your replies, I think I may go try the path of customs rather than universals, and have started a new thread
http://www.head-fi.org/t/572070/good-customs-for-rock-electronic-classical-for-350usd

Many of the universals you mentioned I had never heard of, and if the customs path doesnt 'pan out' I may end up going with anyway (I quite like the looks of the dba02 and gr07, although many say the latter is sibilant).

Sep 17, 2011 at 6:41 AM Post #6 of 6
The miles davis tributes are pretty darn good for the mentioned genres, plus they look real nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back