IEMs at concerts
Mar 10, 2010 at 3:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ethan961

Member of the Trade: Bugden Audio
Anyone else always look to see what monitors musicians use at concerts?
I recently saw a concert in my city, consisting of the Cancer Bats, Against Me!, Alexisonfire, and Billy Talent.
The drummer of the Cancer Bats used what I'm 95% sure was an IE8, and the borrowed keyboardist for Against Me! used what was undoubtedly a TF10, worn the Frankenstein way. The rest of the musicians either used customs or *cringe* nothing at all.
Am I alone here?
BTW, if anyone has a chance to see a stop on this tour, DO IT, it's the best concert I've ever been to, ever. Amazing.

Mar 10, 2010 at 3:16 AM Post #2 of 7
did you watch the MJ movie "This is it". The whole movie all i noticed was everyone had the same customs on
tongue.gif

oh and MJ complaining about his

Mar 10, 2010 at 4:20 AM Post #3 of 7
sorry to thread jack but alexisonfire!!! i was REALLY surprised to see anyone listening to the same stuff as I. id gladly pandora some recommendations if you have any to offer, ALWAYS looking to expand my listening interests. my alexisonfire radio on pandora was nice enough to provide me some new favorites, chiodos, dance gavin dance, alesana, emarosa, the list goes on.

Mar 10, 2010 at 4:39 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by sdaigle240 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sorry to thread jack but alexisonfire!!! i was REALLY surprised to see anyone listening to the same stuff as I. id gladly pandora some recommendations if you have any to offer, ALWAYS looking to expand my listening interests. my alexisonfire radio on pandora was nice enough to provide me some new favorites, chiodos, dance gavin dance, alesana, emarosa, the list goes on.

Unfortunately I don't really have much in my collection similar to alexisonfire, as I get most of my new bands from last.fm and I mainly listen to heavier metal, or alternative metal to be exact, so that brings up mostly nu-metal etc. I should really check out some other similar bands.
Sorry I couldn't help you :p
Quote:

Originally Posted by KLS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought all musicians use customs?
tongue.gif

If they can afford them and/or care about their hearing enough to want them :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back