IEM's - 250-300$ budget
Sep 27, 2011 at 1:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Andynor91

New Head-Fier
I'm currently looking for some good IEM's in about the 250-300$ price-range.

I'll be mostly listening to bass-heavy music; that is, dubstep and hip-hop. However, I'll also be listening to some vocal trance and music of somewhat high notes on occasion,
though the emphasis is on music with a good deal of bass. I'd gladly appreciate it if some audio-philes here could point me in a good direction in regards to these two combinations. Hopefully there are some IEM's that are good enough in this price-range.

All the best,
Andy

Sep 27, 2011 at 2:01 PM Post #2 of 5
There are the normal recommendations: Vsonic GR07, the Sony EX600 and either of the Turbine Pros (Copper or Gold).  All four would be fantastic for what you listen to.  Some would recommend the TripleFi also, but I couldn't get those to fit right and I know a few others who have the same issue.

Sep 27, 2011 at 3:08 PM Post #4 of 5
For dynamic driver IEM (that usually have the best bass quantity and have a very natural sounding bass): FX700, EX600, Monster Miles Davis Tribute (or Trumpet, tho I've never had the chance to listen to those.)

For BA (balanced armature) IEM (usually have the best instrument separation and less bass): UM3X, e-Q5, or TF10

Out of all of those, I would go with the UM3X. IMO it has the most bass out of all of those IEM, with the FX700 having the most natural bass/most engaging sound.

Sep 27, 2011 at 3:29 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
I'll be mostly listening to bass-heavy music; that is, dubstep and hip-hop. However, I'll also be listening to some vocal trance and music of somewhat high notes on occasion,

Of the ones I've personally owned, with vocals and highs in mind, the UM3X, Monster Turbine Pro Gold/Copper, Miles David Tributes, Atrio M5, FX700, TWF21, IE7/IE8, and Klipsch X10 would all be good choices. Each has it's pros and cons however, and you'll have to discover exactly what type of sound signature you're after, before you can begin to narrow down your choices my friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back