IEM with mic, compatible for the Nexus 4 (CTIA) on 50€ budget
May 2, 2013 at 12:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Cente

New Head-Fier
[size=small] I was considering the Brainwavz M4, but maybe there is something better that I don't know. I know it's hard to find decent IEM in that price range with a microphone and compatible with the Nexus 4 (CTIA Standard), but I'd still like to hear some opinions about what to buy, and if the M4 are worth buying or not.[/size]

[size=small]  [/size]

[size=small] Do you know if the M4 or the S4i works with the Nexus 4?[/size]

[size=small]  [/size]

[size=small] Thanks you in advance.[/size]

[size=small]  [/size]

May 2, 2013 at 11:03 PM Post #2 of 8
First off - http://www.head-fi.org/t/596233/buying-portable-or-in-ear-headphones-seeking-guidance-dont-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here
http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-279-iems-compared-audio-technica-ckm500-added-05-01-13-p-678

http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-Image-Headphones-Android-Microphone/dp/B005M1KO1C
Although on sound along, I'm not sure I can full-hearted recommend those - not that we know of your sound preferences anyways.
That being said, any sound/signature preferences? Genres? Preference in terms of comfort, isolation, etc? 

Some typical choices for mic stuff around this price would be the E10M, MH1C (they work well on Android in general - it's the iStuff that they don't play well with)...

May 3, 2013 at 6:47 AM Post #3 of 8
TwinQY, I will permit myself to tell you something:
1. All your post look the same, they are like copies. Could you give a short, concise answer, without mentioning all these 100500 topics with rankings?
2. Soundmagic E10M are designed to work with Apple stuff. The remote won't work on any Android smartphone. I've tried these earphones.

May 4, 2013 at 4:30 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:
TwinQY, I will permit myself to tell you something:
1. All your post look the same, they are like copies. Could you give a short, concise answer, without mentioning all these 100500 topics with rankings?
2. Soundmagic E10M are designed to work with Apple stuff. The remote won't work on any Android smartphone. I've tried these earphones.

1) Well I wonder why that is. Perhaps it's because for the most part they ask for the exact same things and I've been trying to redirect them to another reference, the Multi-IEM thread one being an incredible resource with info and comparison with plenty of the items being ask?

Perhaps it's because the usual standard for questions is composed of little to no specifications or criteria and I've been trying to get them to specify more?

Perhaps it's because I like being consistent and try to not just dole out random suggestions or arbitrary lists without asking them beforehand or even bother making an attempt to narrow something down?

Perhaps it's because I feel they can do better for themselves if some effort was put in?

Perhaps I feel like expanding on and explaining my suggestions without doling out random suggestions or arbitrary lists without asking them beforehand or even bother making an attempt to narrow something down? (you see a pattern now?)

I don't understand. I don't understand how throwing out a couple of random model names and completely leaving them out in the dust, without any external resources, could be considered help. Perhaps it's your definition of help. It's certainly not mine.

2)  http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronic_TRRS_Adapter_for_P_Version_Headphones_p/adptr-trrs-35.htm
Amazing what technology can do nowadays. Really.

May 4, 2013 at 5:27 AM Post #6 of 8
+1 TwinQY
Well done TwinQY
That is spot on, a couple of searches, 30 min reading around head fi will give far more information than asking recommendations

May 4, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #8 of 8
Nah, there really isn't a need to denigrate people asking recommendations - entirely their prerogative. Just referencing the links as resources so one might be able to come back with more info. That way we might be able to help narrow stuff down more. In the end it's really just about helping people, so please don't take offense.

Anyways, OP, sorry for getting OT. Really isn't directed or about you in specific, so again, sorry.

I personally find the E10 to be nice with rock, but that's my preference. The MH1C might be a safer bet but the ergonomics of the cable might be a turn off. A bit biased against the M4 so commenting would be a disfavour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back