IEM Recommendations
Jan 5, 2020 at 9:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

bassboysam

1000+ Head-Fier
Looking for a nice set of IEMs, no more than $250 USD. prefer something with nice bass extension and slightly relaxed treble. something that will sound good with a phone (S10+) and does not require external amping. all my experience is with full size cans so IEMs are a new world

for reference, my ideal sound signature is the original LCD2.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2020 at 12:48 AM Post #2 of 4
Hi @bassboysam,

I suggest looking into the iBasso IT 01, hard to go wrong & fits your requirements nicely.

Feel free to ask more if you need.

Hope you have a great day !

Jan 6, 2020 at 4:24 PM Post #4 of 4
Looking for a nice set of IEMs, no more than $250 USD. prefer something with nice bass extension and slightly relaxed treble. something that will sound good with a phone (S10+) and does not require external amping. all my experience is with full size cans so IEMs are a new world

for reference, my ideal sound signature is the original LCD2.

Hmm. I haven't heard the LCD2, but I have the iSine 20 as a reference point for Audeze house sound. Compared to that, I feel like a lot of IEMs in this price range lean either toward the more v-shaped end of the spectrum, or else toward the neutral/clinical.

I haven't heard these myself, but maybe look at some reviews for the Ikko OH10 or Moondrop KXXS? The ISN H40 is maybe the most-hyped thing in your price range right now, but I don't know offhand how it's tuned.

upload_2020-1-6_13-19-43.png

upload_2020-1-6_13-20-35.png

Another, much more budget friendly option, would be the Blon BL-03. The big caveat with the BL-03 is that for most folks it's hard to get a good fit with them, and you may need to replace or modify the cable and buy aftermarket tips. They're also more mid-bassy but still have decent extension and a well-relaxed treble.

upload_2020-1-6_13-22-25.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back