IEM recommendations
Nov 8, 2018 at 3:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

BucketInABucket

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys, I've been out of touch of the IEM market for a few years and I'm looking for new IEM recommendations that won't break the bank. Hopefully looking to spend roughly $300, give or take? More or less is fine too depending on what IEM.

I listen to many genres and prefer a natural sound with good bass and neutral-slightly warm mids/treble. I'll be pairing it mainly with a Revamp Acoustics Nuansa P1.

Heavily prefer IEMs which sound best with silicone or hybrid tips: basically no foam tips. Many thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2018 at 11:05 AM Post #3 of 13
How's the bass and treble extension?

Nov 10, 2018 at 4:39 AM Post #4 of 13
Hey guys, I've been out of touch of the IEM market for a few years and I'm looking for new IEM recommendations that won't break the bank. Hopefully looking to spend roughly $300, give or take? More or less is fine too depending on what IEM.

I listen to many genres and prefer a natural sound with good bass and neutral-slightly warm mids/treble. I'll be pairing it mainly with a Revamp Acoustics Nuansa P1.

Heavily prefer IEMs which sound best with silicone or hybrid tips: basically no foam tips. Many thanks in advance!

Massdrop Plus meets your sound criteria and price point. But it's sensitive to source impedance; I don't know what the P1's output impedance is, but that would be something to check. Also, the cables and tips supplied with the Plus are terrible.

Nov 10, 2018 at 6:33 AM Post #5 of 13
Massdrop Plus meets your sound criteria and price point. But it's sensitive to source impedance; I don't know what the P1's output impedance is, but that would be something to check. Also, the cables and tips supplied with the Plus are terrible.
What tips are recommended to go with it?

I think the P1's output impedance is low? Not sure though

Nov 10, 2018 at 11:07 AM Post #6 of 13
You might read about the Oriveti New Primacy and see what you think. Its signature is mostly neutral.. Not sure if a neutral sig. will work for you, but it is worth a read at your price-point.

Nov 13, 2018 at 4:02 AM Post #8 of 13
What about the MDR-7550 (and JP version) and the FLC8D? How are those?

Nov 13, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #9 of 13
Try Fiio FH5 its peetty good for $250, hybrid quad driver that selling out like crazy! I love the sound of those, try them out I doubt you will be disappointed.

All the best!

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2018 at 7:19 PM Post #10 of 13
Nov 14, 2018 at 5:59 PM Post #13 of 13
Can you recommend me something for under 50 euro that would be good for rap during a long commute to school. thanks
KZ ZS6 would be in budget good bass and a little bright would do well for rap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back