IEM for Psy ambient/deep trance music
Jul 18, 2022 at 10:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

vafler86

100+ Head-Fier
Looking for IEM
budget around 200USD
Music i listen to: mostly EDM, bit hiphop and pop

Hey,

I have two IEM which i like. Aria and Fiio FH3. I gave away my Sony wf-xm0003 (wireless earbuds) after buying the IEM and i cant see going back to anything else. I want a upgrade without using too much, since i dont have too much :D

Although i do like my IEM, i cant stop thinking maybe its something better out there for multi-layered EDM music. So i have reading alot of reviews here and watching videos. My impression is that Planar IEM are pretty good, and most of them are around my budget too. Never tried Planar before though.

Im thinking of 7hz Timeless, Lets shour S12 and Hook-x. Are there any others Planars out there? Are Planars right for this kind of music? If not im open to other suggestions.

Jul 18, 2022 at 11:28 AM Post #3 of 7
Consider spending a little extra for a LZ A7:

https://hifigo.com/products/lz-a7
Thank you for the reply :)
It may sound stupid to you, but those look complicated. I know my self and i will end up switching it around and not being sure about what i like. Although il put them aside for now, and if i dont get any more response in the thread then i will go for them i think.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2022 at 1:56 PM Post #4 of 7
There are new, more affordable planars just coming out now, like Dioko from 7hz.

Might be worth it to wait a couple of weeks and see what the early adopters think.

Another planar hybrid to look into is the Tri I3 Pro. I have the original I3 and enjoy them quite a bit; the I3 Pro are apparently different, but check some reviews.

Jul 18, 2022 at 2:12 PM Post #5 of 7
Thank you for the reply :)
It may sound stupid to you, but those look complicated. I know my self and i will end up switching it around and not being sure about what i like. Although il put them aside for now, and if i dont get any more response in the thread then i will go for them i think.

They do have a lot going on for them, but you will probably just stick with the filters that you will finally pick (at least that is what I did with my LZ A4) and choose just one setting (pop or monitor) that you will finally pick as well. The planar and planar-hybrid IEMs do look very interesting, but I tend to be very picky with EDM and feel that a dynamic-based-hybrid, like the LZ A7 tribrid, will give you the extra details that you want, while keeping the free-flowing-dynamics that you will feel is natural to music. :)

Jul 19, 2022 at 12:40 AM Post #7 of 7
Looking for IEM
budget around 200USD
Music i listen to: mostly EDM, bit hiphop and pop

Hey,

I have two IEM which i like. Aria and Fiio FH3. I gave away my Sony wf-xm0003 (wireless earbuds) after buying the IEM and i cant see going back to anything else. I want a upgrade without using too much, since i dont have too much :D

Although i do like my IEM, i cant stop thinking maybe its something better out there for multi-layered EDM music. So i have reading alot of reviews here and watching videos. My impression is that Planar IEM are pretty good, and most of them are around my budget too. Never tried Planar before though.

Im thinking of 7hz Timeless, Lets shour S12 and Hook-x. Are there any others Planars out there? Are Planars right for this kind of music? If not im open to other suggestions.

IKKO OH10, V shaped with big bass, it is a match in heaven for EDM/hip hop.

One thing is the shells are a bit large and heavy, so do audition to see if the fitting suits you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back