IEM dilemma! looking for suggestions. (SE315 or UE700)
Dec 9, 2010 at 7:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

bala

100+ Head-Fier
Hello folks,

Recently my Shure SE210s went bad (http://i55.tinypic.com/30wpbuf.jpg) and I just crossed the 2yr warranty period! I got in touch with the Shure folks and they said there wasn't much they could do with the 210, but suggested that they would be able to offer me the newer SE315 for the same price that I payed for the 210 when I bought them (€120). I am looking to advance to a dual armature IEM and had my eyes on the UE700 (about €100, which is my budget!).

I am looking for suggestions as to whether go for the SE315 or with the dual armature UE700.Thanks.

Dec 13, 2010 at 9:44 AM Post #3 of 11
Thanks for the info Premonition. The Radius DDM sure has a very "distinctive look" (which really isn't my thing!) but heard they do have isolation issues (inearmatters review) and finally they are a little bit beyond my price range - found it on iheadphones.co.uk for 119 pounds and with shipping that would cost me close to €150!

Dec 14, 2010 at 8:45 AM Post #5 of 11
Ok, I am going ahead and getting the UE 700! really curious about the dual armature..and this is my first foray into dual armature IEMs :)

Dec 14, 2010 at 2:32 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:
Ok, I am going ahead and getting the UE 700! really curious about the dual armature..and this is my first foray into dual armature IEMs :)

To be honest, I cannot hear the difference between a dual armature and single, in the sense that just because it uses two driver doesn't mean that they sound better or more balanced or whatever..

Dec 14, 2010 at 2:40 PM Post #7 of 11

Comment to my post above,

Nonetheless I feel that UE700 is a very underrated IEM here on Head-fi, it works wonderfully especially as workout IEMs or daily commuting due to super their small size.

I can understand that some head-fi'er have had build quality issues, but I have never had that.

Dec 17, 2010 at 6:32 AM Post #8 of 11

I second you Jonasklam, the UE700 is definitely under appreciated on Head-fi. I'm a fledgling audiophile and was under the impression that the dual armature ones are usually better than the single balanced ones! Now, I'm already learning something :wink:

The UE700 is so far a dream, infact I was able to pick it up for a lot cheaper!! I haven't burnt it-in yet, but it definitely kicks the SE210s ass! a little bright on the highs - mids are ok in my opinion - bass is clean but is a bit less, though more than the SE210s. I do find the small size a bit unusual...:) But I'm very pleased with the fit and comfort!

Dec 17, 2010 at 9:07 AM Post #9 of 11
For 100GBP you can get a pair of UE tf 10s at eh current exchange rate.    Pretty sure you would have to have someone on this side of the pond order it and ship it though.

Or you can look on one of the the Big Red Bus tour companies aforementioned big red busses where I left my pair September 2, 2010.   :frowning2:

Dec 31, 2010 at 5:17 PM Post #11 of 11
I had the UE700, and while I loved the highs and the purity of the mids, the bass was lacking.  It was extremely comfortable, however hardly no bass at all.  Tried all the supplied eartips, but did nothing with the bass.  I'm not a bass head, but I need to hear something.  I bought the Shure SE315 for my wife and she loves it.  When I tried them out, the sound is very nice.  The bass isn't hard, but you can hear it clearly.  The detail is better than the UE700 and the overall feel is nicer as well.  Plus, the cable is so thin on the 700 making you feel that they are a bit fragile.  The cable on the SE315 is the same as the SE425 and SE535, which are replaceable.  My vote goes toward the Shure SE315.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back