IEM customs reshell inearz vs inearcentral, my experience.
Nov 4, 2014 at 8:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 46

iscorpio71

100+ Head-Fier
Hello Forum!

I sent a couple of month ago two iem (UM3X and TripleFi5) to inearz and inearcentral respectively.

Right of the bat both cost the same, so no difference there. But inearcentral charges the money upfront while inearz charge you when they're about to ship! so that is a better, more professional treatment if you ask me.

Ear impressions, inearz gives a .pdf instruction to take to the audiologist, inearcentral gives the option of an impression kit, which i bought to see it but did not use. Because I think is irresponsible to do so. You MUST go to an audiologist to have professional impressions, not only will they be better but also they have the experience and equipment to see before hand your inner ear canal and detect any issue, whatever it may be, as simple as wax clot, which is very common and DANGEROUS to have an impression made if you do have one because it could damage the tympanic membrane. 

Time! we all want to have our iem asap. I sent them with a ten day of difference, first to inearcentral and guess what, inearz returned them 5 weeks! before inearcentral.
Inearcentral emails stating that their time is 8 weeks, but really is closer to 12 aka Three Months. 

Fit and finish. Inearz by far is much better than Inearcentral not only the look but the FIT! they also print the model and number. I had to return them because the right ear hurt / pressure a little, but they were very expedited and returned in less than a week with non hurting fit.

Inearcentral fit is just terrible! loose and the shape of the monitor is wedge! meaning the Tragus sits deeper than the Helix, so in order to have seal I have to push them, both! to properly get them to sound and isolate as they suppose to.

I recommend Inearz by FAR. so if you're deciding between this two companies go with INEARZ. and Im basing this with experience, I do not work or have any relation with neither company.

Pictures: seems self explanatory.

Jan 28, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #4 of 46
I just bought a set of IEMS from in ear central. I could not be happier. First of all I got their brand which, is super affordable, then I added a second driver. I immediately recieved my impression kit and took My impressions and sent them back. And now the waiting begins. Although the website did say 8 weeks it did take longer. When they came it they looked great, and they felt great. the fit was outstanding and the sound quality was amazing. I have been using a set of Shures 425 and these sound better than those.
the impression kit was very simple to use and very harmless. I am very pleased with my dual driver ear monitors from in ear central. Inwill probably.buy another pair if I need one . Great product by far...in ear central

Jan 31, 2015 at 1:49 AM Post #5 of 46
I just bought a set of IEMS from in ear central. I could not be happier. First of all I got their brand which, is super affordable, then I added a second driver. I immediately recieved my impression kit and took My impressions and sent them back. And now the waiting begins. Although the website did say 8 weeks it did take longer. When they came it they looked great, and they felt great. the fit was outstanding and the sound quality was amazing. I have been using a set of Shures 425 and these sound better than those.
the impression kit was very simple to use and very harmless. I am very pleased with my dual driver ear monitors from in ear central. Inwill probably.buy another pair if I need one . Great product by far...in ear central

Your profile says that you joined (1/28), wrote this comment (1/28), and never logged in again (last online 1/28). You joined Head-fi just to leave this comment..?

I was just curious what made you to do that. Maybe your IEMs are THAT good :)

Feb 16, 2015 at 5:52 AM Post #8 of 46
Hello!

First post here, but long time lurker.

As previous thread on Inearcustom (now called Inearcentral) is locked so i post my experience here.

I have some negative experience with re-shelled Shure SE 215.

I've ordered a reshelling of new pair of SE 215 by Inearcustom .
Since i've got them i' was pleased of quality and seal, there were no problems during some month of use.
But one day i just wear them and noticed that right IEM is not working . I Swapped the cables to check if there some problems with cables but there weren;t. So there is definitely problem with driver or wiring or socket inside the IEM.
I've sent them back to Rob and he re-made the right in-ear IEM, but when i got it back i've noticed that this re-made IEM is a bit quiter than my left one, so i need to turn the balance knob on my mixer to get the correct panning.
I've sent them back to Rob again, and he re-made the right IEM one more time. 

But now, after  5-6 months this IEM not working again! 
i've contacted Rob and Inearcentral but not got answer .

These IEM's were used very rare, no mechanical damage /drop-off were applied, no high levels on phone outs from mixer, they were stored in very sturdy hardcase. 

So i dont know what can happen inside the shell to make driver/wiring not working.

I've asked them for full refund, because i dont have trust in their product  anymore. 

I will post on results of our communication with Inearcentral.

Btw, take in mind , i live in Europe so you can imagine how much time it takes to ship the IEM's back and forth to US to re-made them:) It leads to problem that in fact i cant use them because most time  they're in transit :) 2 months for shipping, approx 1-2 month to perform maintenance and re-shelling broken IEM. 

Feb 16, 2015 at 6:22 AM Post #9 of 46
  Hello!

First post here, but long time lurker.

I have some negative experience with re-shelled Shure SE 215.

I've ordered a reshelling of new pair of SE 215 by Inearcustom .
Since i've got them i' was pleased of quality and seal, there were no problems during some month of use.

I've sent them back to Rob and he re-made the right in-ear IEM, but when i got it back i've noticed that this re-made IEM is a bit quiter than my left one, so i need to turn the balance knob on my mixer to get the correct panning.
I've sent them back to Rob again, and he re-made the right IEM one more time. 

If they were working for few months I dont see any problems with reshell service. If he fixed it after few months seems they have good customer care.

Feb 17, 2015 at 3:05 AM Post #11 of 46
I ordered triple driver customs off of Inearz last week after reading all this info, thanks for the review of the two companies. I'll be updating with a review of the CIEM'S once I receive them. Might be a few months...

May 30, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #13 of 46
New here and to be honest I only became aware of this forum as a result of also being a victim of InEarCentral. Thanks iburdeinick for your review, I only wish I'd seen it before I entered into a transaction with Rob at InEarCentral. I just don't want to be accused of trolling.

On January 20th, 2015, I purchased this service on eBay and seeing only positive feedback on their account I felt pretty comfortable with my decision. I can't properly explain how wrong I was. After receiving the mold kit I made my own molds at InEarCentral's direction and returned the molds. They arrived to the address indicated on February 3rd and I settled in for an 8 week wait (according to them). After hearing absolutely nothing for 12 weeks I contacted them on May 4th and was informed they were in the shop at that point.

WHAT?!? I reminded Rob that I'd been led to believe eight weeks and they would be ready for my Shure IEMs. Then came the sob stories about how I was putting pressure on him to put my order before others. I reminded him that I wasn't the party who set out the timeline. At that point I filed a complaint with PayPal and requested my money be returned.

Eventually, on May 15th I got an email from InEarCentral stating that if I would send them my Shures they would have them finished in three days after they received my originals. I rushed to get them packaged and priority mailed to them and they were delivered on May 18th. At this point I figured based on the commitment they'd made that my new CIEMs would be finished on the 21st and on their way back to my anxiously awaiting ears. But that didn't happen, on the 27th of May I inquired and they had done not a thing to move this transaction along.

At that point I asked (and later demanded several times) that they return my unmolested Shure IEMs to me. Needless to say, a man with Rob's morals wasn't about to do so and he is instead holding my Shures hostage until I close the complaint with PayPal. So according to InEarCentral, despite the fact that they've lied time and again, I'm the untrustworthy party. Words fail on how to adequately describe how victimized I feel by InEarCentral and I would encourage others to look elsewhere for customized IEMs. And to make matters worse, this all took so long that I cannot post factual feedback on eBay about Rob and company. But that would make the lack of negative feedback on his eBay account understandable.

Jun 10, 2015 at 8:13 PM Post #14 of 46
Geoffsdad - Great review. I am currently in almost the exact situation as you are with these clowns (Rob Reyna and Jacob Hauter) at In Ear Central. I ordered 2 sets custom IEM's in mid January 2015. After waiting about 8 weeks, I contacted them to see if they were ready for me to ship them my Shure SE535's and Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10's. They said sure go ahead and send them, which I did. Waited about another month and still nothing so I started emailing them inquiring about an ETA. Absolutely every reply from Jacob contained the same series of excuses and sob stories and usually ended with lies like these: "you're in the current batch so they should be ready real soon" or "we hope to have them out this week or next"...all b.s.

So I finally opened a PayPal dispute. A short while later I get an email from PayPal saying the dispute has been dismissed because In Ear Central provided a USPS tracking number showing delivery of product. Are you kidding me? Here they go lying again. The only thing delivered was the $12 ear impression kit but they convinced PayPal that I had received the completed products. Well now I am even more irate as I am completely powerless and those clowns are still in possession of 2 pairs of my IEM's valued at over $800, not to mention what I have already paid them for the custom shells, plus shipping.

So earlier this week I sent them an email putting them on notice that if I don't receive my 2 orders by this Friday June 12th 2015 I would be filing a complaint against them with the Florida Attorney General's Office. I also requested specific contact information such as business phone number and physical street address. Do you think they sent me any of that information that I requested? Nope...just more lies and excuses. Below is the latest b.s. Jacob emailed me about the status of my orders:

"We are working as fast as possible but you have two orders and you have to understand that these things take time to make the smooth replicas, makeshells,prepare electronics,install electronics,make the caps, cap them,sand them,polish them sand them,polish them,sand them,polish them and then if there are no issues we ship them out. that is for one order and you have two. please we are getting your order done and i hope to have them both done by this week or mid next week".

Today is June 10th 2015 and still have not received what I paid for...just a bunch of lies from this so called "company". If you search for Jacob Hauter on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/jahauter), you will find photos of their "shop", which is nothing more than a garage with a bunch of homemade contraptions pieced together with very bad craftsmanship. Very unprofessional looking and shoddy, just like the rest of their operation. If you Google the owner Robert F Reyna you will also find a very interesting web page with his photo...worth taking a look at, trust me.

So I am going to submit a complaint to the Florida Attorney General's office and I would encourage everyone who has been treated this way by these guys to do so as well. Just Google Florida Attorney General and the link to file a complaint is right there.

One more thing. A little birdie told me there is a Facebook page called In Ear Central Complaints. You might want to post your story there as well.

Jun 11, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #15 of 46
  Geoffsdad - Great review. I am currently in almost the exact situation as you are with these clowns (Rob Reyna and Jacob Hauter) at In Ear Central. I ordered 2 sets custom IEM's in mid January 2015. After waiting about 8 weeks, I contacted them to see if they were ready for me to ship them my Shure SE535's and Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10's. They said sure go ahead and send them, which I did. Waited about another month and still nothing so I started emailing them inquiring about an ETA. Absolutely every reply from Jacob contained the same series of excuses and sob stories and usually ended with lies like these: "you're in the current batch so they should be ready real soon" or "we hope to have them out this week or next"...all b.s.

So I finally opened a PayPal dispute. A short while later I get an email from PayPal saying the dispute has been dismissed because In Ear Central provided a USPS tracking number showing delivery of product. Are you kidding me? Here they go lying again. The only thing delivered was the $12 ear impression kit but they convinced PayPal that I had received the completed products. Well now I am even more irate as I am completely powerless and those clowns are still in possession of 2 pairs of my IEM's valued at over $800, not to mention what I have already paid them for the custom shells, plus shipping.

So earlier this week I sent them an email putting them on notice that if I don't receive my 2 orders by this Friday June 12th 2015 I would be filing a complaint against them with the Florida Attorney General's Office. I also requested specific contact information such as business phone number and physical street address. Do you think they sent me any of that information that I requested? Nope...just more lies and excuses. Below is the latest b.s. Jacob emailed me about the status of my orders:

"We are working as fast as possible but you have two orders and you have to understand that these things take time to make the smooth replicas, makeshells,prepare electronics,install electronics,make the caps, cap them,sand them,polish them sand them,polish them,sand them,polish them and then if there are no issues we ship them out. that is for one order and you have two. please we are getting your order done and i hope to have them both done by this week or mid next week".

Today is June 10th 2015 and still have not received what I paid for...just a bunch of lies from this so called "company". If you search for Jacob Hauter on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/jahauter), you will find photos of their "shop", which is nothing more than a garage with a bunch of homemade contraptions pieced together with very bad craftsmanship. Very unprofessional looking and shoddy, just like the rest of their operation. If you Google the owner Robert F Reyna you will also find a very interesting web page with his photo...worth taking a look at, trust me.

So I am going to submit a complaint to the Florida Attorney General's office and I would encourage everyone who has been treated this way by these guys to do so as well. Just Google Florida Attorney General and the link to file a complaint is right there.

One more thing. A little birdie told me there is a Facebook page called In Ear Central Complaints. You might want to post your story there as well.

What a lovely booking photo, eh? Looks like he's applying the same morals to his new venture as his old one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back