IEM Comfort Help
Sep 14, 2011 at 6:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

bluezor

New Head-Fier
Hi, I have a pair of Brainwavz M2 which I don't use much since they don't fit in my ears well with the stock tips and tend to fall out to the smallest head movements or hurt my ears after a long period of usage at the computer, and I use my Sennheiser PX100-ii instead which I find very comfortable even for long periods. I'm looking to go back for some IEMs since the PX100-ii are open and don't prevent noise leakage and my main concern is comfort. If I got some of the fake sony hybrids from ebay, would it probably improve the comfort of the Brainwavz dratistically, or would I be better looking for another IEM (looking at Klipsch Image S4 would looks good)?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Sep 14, 2011 at 9:12 AM Post #2 of 2
Not a big fan of the hybrids. For me none of them fit too well and they would continuously fall off the nozel.

Had a brief look and I believe that the Shure (Black Foam) Olives fit on the M2s according to this thread albeit tightly, hopefully someone can confirm.

http://www.mp4nation.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21493&start=165

Back when I used the ER4Ps they were the most comfortable tips I could find. Very durable and last for ages although you have to wash them regularly or they get grungy.

Nowadays I use the Monster single flange silicone tips which strangely have been the most comfortable/best fitting I've found but I don't think they would fit on your IEMs. Perhaps try some other kind of silicone tips as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back