IEC Adapter for "Figure 8" CD, DVD Power Jacks
Apr 21, 2006 at 4:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

sbulack

Headphoneus Supremus
It's got the Two-Pin, "Figure 8" female power plug on one side, and a male IEC jack on the other, to adapt the IEC power cord of choice to that "Figure 8" power jack used on modest CD players and DVD players. No need to mod the player (to install an IEC power jack) or to build a custom power cord. A much appreciated Plug-And-Play solution for providing a better power cord to a modest, sweet spot CD or DVD player.

I recently ordered and received this adapter, and am using it with a Volex IEC 14AWG Power Cord to power my Pioneer DV-578A DVD player (instead of the "lampcord" power cord that came with it having the "figure 8" connector). The improvement in spectral response, texture/vividness, depth of sound, 3D-ness of soundstage and reduction of noise floor are all what I've come to expect from providing a better flow of power to a piece of gear in my audio path. To my ear, these are all easily heard, very much appreciated improvements and well worth to me what I paid for the IEC adapter and Volex cord.

Here's the link for anyone interested.

http://www.dedicatedaudio.com/inc/sdetail/148

BTW, this was the second item that I purchased online from Dedicated Audio, and both orders were processed quickly, correctly and with the items being delivered in pristine condition - a good vendor carrying interesting items, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back