IE8 vs. Monster Turbine Pro Copper/Gold/MD for "Techno"
Apr 7, 2010 at 7:24 PM Post #16 of 199
Quote:

Originally Posted by cjkb90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha I wish this were an option right now. I called Monster, they said that the differences between the MD and Copper are negligible, and aside from the warmer Gold sound, they consider the coppers to be absolutely better.

Added with all the responses here and everywhere else, I'm soon becoming a Monster. I think bass is very important, accuracy much more so than quantity. Besides, theres much more to "techno" than the boom factor (i.e. retrieval), unlike hip hop (in my biased opinion).

So are you going for the copper or mds?, i aboslutly love the coppers, best iem i have , i think they will do fine with techno

Apr 7, 2010 at 9:01 PM Post #17 of 199
yea, I'm still burning in my MTPC's and have already shelved my VB's... for electronic music they are great and getting better
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 7, 2010 at 9:11 PM Post #18 of 199
Quote:

Originally Posted by justinxbailey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... for electronic music they are great and getting better
smily_headphones1.gif

beerchug.gif

I've been skipping through my Electronic music today and the MTPC has unbelievable bass...some serious subwoofer in the brain type bass. I've been listening with stock 6G iPod> LOD> SR-71A. Only my JVC HA-DX1000 can relate.

Apr 7, 2010 at 9:15 PM Post #19 of 199
I'd have to say if you have clean source files and sibilance is not an issue w/ anything in your techno collection get the coppers or MD's. If noise and harshness is a problem you find in your digital collection then get the Golds and save some money. Although the Golds cant match the Coppers or Md's in detail and overall sound signature they play everything you could throw at them extremely well. They are like Ronco headphones, you set it and forget it. The Monsters Pros will definitely make you wanna get up and start moving.

Apr 7, 2010 at 9:26 PM Post #20 of 199
...well, the MTPC treble has sounded very smooth(as in not sibilant) so far for me while having very good extension. At loud(uh, yeah,too loud) levels, they remain tame.

One other note so far, my Classic Rock collection is shining with these. So many recordings from the mid 70's to late 80's are decent quality but are light in bass. The extra bass is VERY welcomed.

Apr 7, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #22 of 199
Quote:

Originally Posted by lucozade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^^^^ ive never heard eny sibilance with either monster and @greatdane if you think the bass on the coppers is good try the golds ,its gives even more .lol

eek.gif

cannot
take
any
more.

Apr 7, 2010 at 11:46 PM Post #24 of 199
actually the golds arent that bad in the bass department. It hits low and hard but it depends on the tips so far for me. These are even more tip sensitive than the CK10 which is pretty hard to believe. I was using the gel supertips and my goodness all I heard was bass. Mids and highs? There was none just bass :p It gave me the worst first impression of any phone I have ever tried. I switched to Soundmagic double flange tips and it made it so much better.

It's still much more than I'm used to or would want but it's not as bad as it first was. If the coppers have less than I can't wait until I try those out. They seem like a much better match for me.

Apr 8, 2010 at 12:04 AM Post #25 of 199
^^^^ good to see you giving the monsters a go rawster, the coppers really are very well balanced and the bass really is quite pleasent. put the double flange senn tips on the golds and they go into hyperdrive and give your ears a real pounding.lol

Apr 8, 2010 at 12:17 AM Post #26 of 199
The coppers are probably more towards my preference but I don't plan on buying any expensive iem's anytime soon. I'm pretty happy with e-Q7 and CK10. I could live off just the CK10 if I wanted to as well.

The Golds do have the bass impact of a dynamic however. That's something I don't usually get with BA drivers. I bet if I listened to techno, dubstep or any of those kind of genres they would be perfect. I'm glad I gave them a second chance after using the supertips. Those are probably the worst tips I've ever tried.

Apr 8, 2010 at 1:05 AM Post #27 of 199
My brother bought the Monster Pro Turbines and let me have a listen for a while a few months back. They were nice and much better than the Beats
tongue_smile.gif
. But in the end, I preferred the IE8s, the sound stage imaging can't be beat for any IEM I've ever heard.

He eventually returned them (he got them from a store with a 30 day money back guarantee) and picked up the IE8s. But that was his experience.

While the Monsters were indeed bassier, I though the IE8's bass was better defined. The treble also seemed rolled off quite a bit on the Monsters and the bass tended to interfere more with the mids.

I absolutely agree though, that if you're after isolation, then the IE8s could be a mistake.

Have you considered the Westone 3s? Great deep bass, solid mids and excellent treble. Very fun IEMs indeed!

Apr 8, 2010 at 2:01 AM Post #28 of 199
Quote:

Originally Posted by lucozade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So are you going for the copper or mds?, i aboslutly love the coppers, best iem i have , i think they will do fine with techno

I'm going for the coppers, the Miles Davis cds dont really justify the extra $100 for me. I'm hoping the FiiO E5 will do a decent job to drive them. In-ears don't usually need a bulky, expensive amplifier right?

Apr 8, 2010 at 2:16 AM Post #30 of 199
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wouldn't bother with an E5. It didn't really do much when I had them.

I felt the same way initially, then I decided to leave the volume all the way up on the E5 and control the volume from my ipod/computer. Made a big difference. Also, I've heard some people say that amplifiers also need burn-in. Any truth in that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back