IE8 HOT OFFER!!!HELP NEEDED!!!
Jun 7, 2009 at 1:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

midoo1990

Headphoneus Supremus
ok so i have been lurking IE8 appreciation thread for a while now and i read all of the pages in 2 days!!(i finished my exams and now i am free
biggrin.gif
) anyway, i contacted sennheiser dealer here in my area and i asked for the IE8 and he told me that he had a good offer for me.he would sell it to me for $230 with free shipment and 1 YEAR WARRANTY NOT 2 and the shipment will be fromm 2-4 weeks. what do you think should i accept it?

Jun 7, 2009 at 1:33 PM Post #3 of 19
Yeah good price.
The lowest I could get it for a few months ago was €229,- but here in Holland Senn's aren't very expensive.
The IE8's are very good IEMs but not the best on public transportation or on the bike; their isolation is not very good and there is a lot of windnoise when biking. But for listening in a quiet environment with a good source they are fantastic.

Jun 7, 2009 at 1:45 PM Post #5 of 19
i dont know why he reduced the warranty i just emailed him for elaboration.but he is a senn. authorised dealer because he is listed on seenheiser.com worldwide retailers.dura thank you for your response,my source is zune120 and my music are at 256 and 320kbps and some192. will 192 sound good with the senns or what?

Jun 7, 2009 at 1:49 PM Post #6 of 19
fungus amongus my music prefrences are alot of trance and house(like di tiesto,infected mushrooms,armin van buuren,chicanna..)and alot of pop and some country and orchestra.so i think it will be good choice except for the burning time ergh.(200 +hours,damn)

Jun 7, 2009 at 4:08 PM Post #8 of 19
Sounds like a great price to me, but yea, I would want to know why the warranty has been reduced. There are tip mods (see sig) to increase isolation and some recommend more burn in, something like 450+ hours, which I can't say I disagree with. And for some music (well mastered) I can hear a difference between 320Kbps and FLAC.

Jun 7, 2009 at 4:58 PM Post #10 of 19
This is the thread with the most info: What tips with IE8?

Do an advanced search for threads with the IE8 tips in the title and you will get 12 threads to look at. Also, there is a lot of tip info in the last many pages of the IE8 appreciation thread.

Jun 7, 2009 at 8:37 PM Post #12 of 19
well i just checked with him again and he appologised for the warranty mistake and said that it is actually 2 years and free shiping from 2-4weeks for $230.so i think this is a gr8 deal.and average joe, thx for your help and about flac and 320 i cant get flac because simply i dont have cds
biggrin.gif
I GET ALL MY MUSIC from limewire and other free p2p softwares and it is legal in my country so i dont have to pay
biggrin.gif
so i have 95% of my collection at 320 and 256kbps and the other is 192kbps. so will they sound good on IE8 and zune120?thx again
biggrin.gif

Jun 7, 2009 at 9:08 PM Post #13 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by midoo1990 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well i just checked with him again and he appologised for the warranty mistake and said that it is actually 2 years and free shiping from 2-4weeks for $230.so i think this is a gr8 deal.and average joe, thx for your help and about flac and 320 i cant get flac because simply i dont have cds
biggrin.gif
I GET ALL MY MUSIC from limewire and other free p2p softwares and it is legal in my country so i dont have to pay
biggrin.gif
so i have 95% of my collection at 320 and 256kbps and the other is 192kbps. so will they sound good on IE8 and zune120?thx again
biggrin.gif

Where are u located. That is too good to be true. I consider to grab it again if it can ship to canada. Can you pm me the or post the seller contact method? thx

I can answer your question. From my memory, IE8 is very forgiving IEM, I have some 192k mp3 and they sounds very good with IE8. I have a little grudge against Zune as it put the vocal a little bit far away than iphone. As far as you knew, IE8 has a laid back presentation, so it just put the vocal further away. That does not mean zune can't perform well with IE8, just a little flaws for me and I admit I am little picky.

So dun worry, that most likely wont bother you

Jun 7, 2009 at 9:26 PM Post #14 of 19
first thanks for your reply gamboy.second, i am located in egypt and i searched in sennheiser website to find an authorised retailer and i found one which is TECHNOLOGY K.R.A AND their website is teckar.net. their email which i contacted them with is this teckar@link.net i am not sure if they ship internationally or not but in my case they told me that the price total is $230(1600 egyptian pound) i couldnt believe the price because i know the retail price is $450 but i checked and they are authorised retailers for senn. for almost 12 years.hope thats help.oh and their service is gr8 they told me to email them my phone number aand they will call me and arrange everything
biggrin.gif
wow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back