IE6 SP1 Acculmative Patch is out
Jul 31, 2004 at 7:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

wallijonn

Throwin' tantra.
It's 2.8M in size.

Tell me if you get a IMonTray closing error when you log out of your account after installing the patch.

Jul 31, 2004 at 7:34 AM Post #2 of 7
LOL That's 2.8M, not 2.8G (just a slight difference)
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 31, 2004 at 8:26 AM Post #3 of 7
That IMonTray problem is really starting to tick me off. You guys may want to wait awhile before installing this update. Nothing worse than having your browser become unresponsive after 10 minutes. Darn thing reminds me of the mem leakage in WME.

Well, it was easy enough removing Q867801. Everything is back to normal.

update:
Have spoken to some other techs and they are not having any problems. So my problem mat have to do with my Ferio FireWall.

Don't be afraid to update your IE. You'd be crazy not to (even if you use Fire Fox as your default browser).

Jul 31, 2004 at 3:40 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by quke
Ten minutes is fine when you use IE just for the Windows Update site.

*cough* firefox *cough*

Please don't let me flame you up. Sorry.
smily_headphones1.gif

Firefox is my primary browser, however, there are still a number of sites I cannot access without it crashing, especially my on-line banking site and one of my credit card companies. So for me, IE still has to be utilized.

Aug 1, 2004 at 3:41 PM Post #6 of 7
Spaceman:

I had that problem too. Here is how I solved the problem.

1. Uninstall Mozilla FireFox. Delete both the installation folder and your custom Mozilla FireFox personal folder in c:\documents and settings\Application Data\Mozilla\ and \Phoenix

2. Download Mozilla FireFox 0.92.

3. Install it.

4. Re-boot

5. Try your secure sites through Mozilla FireFox 0.92. It should allow you to log in and out without crashing.

Aug 1, 2004 at 5:59 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Welly Wu
Spaceman:

I had that problem too. Here is how I solved the problem.

1. Uninstall Mozilla FireFox. Delete both the installation folder and your custom Mozilla FireFox personal folder in c:\documents and settings\Application Data\Mozilla\ and \Phoenix

2. Download Mozilla FireFox 0.92.

3. Install it.

4. Re-boot

5. Try your secure sites through Mozilla FireFox 0.92. It should allow you to log in and out without crashing.

Thanks, but I have been running 0.92. It works fine with one financial site, but won't perform with two others. Like I said, I use it most of the time, but there are some sites out there that were built around IE, and only work with IE. Hopefully things will improve with new builds of Firefox.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back